What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #42,931 of 136,236
Quote:

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. I really think it highlights Metheny's skill as a composer. And, wow, the sound!

I listened to this with the K702 + Coffman Labs H1-A and it really pushed me to a new level of human awesomeness!

-sheldon

Jun 15, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #42,934 of 136,236

Röyksopp <3

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #42,936 of 136,236

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #42,937 of 136,236
Quote:
I've had this album since release, but I must admit I've never heard it properly. I feel today is a good day to finally change that. There was simply so much fuss surrounding the release of this album that I wanted to let it sit on my table while all the excitement that could practically be felt in the air slowly died down. Now I feel I can give it the kind of first audition it deserves.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!

Edit
Now listening to this. Boris rocks.

Boris - Akuma no Uta

Edit 2
Finally ripped this a few days ago. Time to give it its first spin.

I like your taste in music. Boris does indeed rock.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #42,939 of 136,236

Caetano Veloso   Triste Bahia

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #42,943 of 136,236

AVTechNO! + Saiya - AS

Yes I'm listening to this again. I initially sort of discriminated this album because of the choice of singer, but after acquiring the CD and finally replacing the iTunes Store version in my library I've given the album a fair chance and now can't get enough of it. Saiya's voice simply doesn't fit a couple of the tracks but AVTechNO!'s brilliantly reworked instrumentations more than make up for that. LUST DOLL is the best example of this with it being impossible for Saiya with her vocal style to match the incredible edge AVTechNO! gave to Rin in the single version. The end result is still enjoyable and it's difficult to name a clear low point on the album. I really like how Saiya's vocals were recorded which I don't say often about an album. Immediately makes me wonder what mic (and mic pre) they used even if I'm not an audio engineer. Despite my initial prejudice this album is definitely up there with the best of AVTechNO!'s albums.

Edit

ELECTROCUTICA - Piece of Cipher+

Time to listen to Treow's early Vocaloid works from 2008 and 2009. Such gorgeous artwork.

Edit 2

Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning

I've decided to give this album another try. I've tried to listen to it a few times since it came out, but it has never succeed in maintaining my interest for more than a quarter of its duration at most. I remember Deform to Form a Star being a decent song, but that's about it. I have serious issues with how the album was mixed so this isn't going to be easy…

Edit 3

Osaka Philharmonic Orchestra & Takashi Asahina - Bruckner: Symphony no. 8 in C minor (Haas version)

I need some Bruckner after that.

Edit 4

DJ OKAWARI - Kaleidoscope

A few beats before bed.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #42,944 of 136,236

Neil Young - Harvest Moon (1992)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back