What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #41,296 of 136,223
Quote:

http://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/the-androids-dream-ep

Just finished a few rounds of this. What an EP, what an EP. Color me impressed. I highly recommend this to people who enjoy artists like Burial and Soular Order. More atmospheric but also richly detailed and incredibly well crafted.

Thanks for sharing! I love Burial and I really enjoy that album too :)

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #41,297 of 136,223

This album is so amazing!! I am so glad I made this purchase, I am having so much fun listening to it! Need more SOSOSO!!!

http://overwerk.bandcamp.com/album/after-hours

I got both OVERWERK albums, and this one is intriguing. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but what is an ear-opener for me is the intro track, "Daybreak". Being a trained musician, I love nitpicking pieces of music and defining what it is they use, and the opening melodic minor sequence is just riveting. Very adventurous almost and dark in persona, which is a huge bonus. I am very interested and keen on listening to this album as a whole as I like what I'm hearing already..

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #41,298 of 136,223

America

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #41,301 of 136,223
Quote:

How do you find it?
Personally I have a hard time figuring out whether I'm supposed to take them serious or not.
They're skilled folks, no doubt, but the theatrics can come off a bit strong at times.

Well, it's nothing new. Just a little David Axelrod with some Blue Oyster Cult, A little Black Sabbath NIB. I have never seen a video of them or a show. Another level of shock-rock? Alice Cooper was shocking at one point. Marlyn Manson too, it always has to become more graphic? I look at it as rebellious art. Although Black Sabbath used to scare me a little in the mid 1970s. That maybe was the fun of it. I just think they have taken metal in a slightly different direction but from studying the past. It could not get any more brutal, so you have this 1960s groovy electric prunes rehash. Get ready.....I see a bunch getting on the bandwagon. It's a great way to make money. Are they really in it for real? That has always been the question. Then they make a TV show with their wife and kids..........in California.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #41,303 of 136,223

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #41,306 of 136,223
Quote:

Well, it's nothing new. Just a little David Axelrod with some Blue Oyster Cult, A little Black Sabbath NIB. I have never seen a video of them or a show. Another level of shock-rock? Alice Cooper was shocking at one point. Marlyn Manson too, it always has to become more graphic? I look at it as rebellious art. Although Black Sabbath used to scare me a little in the mid 1970s. That maybe was the fun of it. I just think they have taken metal in a slightly different direction but from studying the past. It could not get any more brutal, so you have this 1960s groovy electric prunes rehash. Get ready.....I see a bunch getting on the bandwagon. It's a great way to make money. Are they really in it for real? That has always been the question. Then they make a TV show with their wife and kids..........in California.

They're covering ABBA and the Beatles, so I'm not so sure if shock is what they're going for.
The rub of it is this: Is it OK if I giggle a little while watching their videos?

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #41,307 of 136,223
Not my usual genre, but I'm quite enjoying The Glitch Mob at the moment:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back