What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #40,668 of 136,188
Quote:
Jefferson Airplane - Bless It's Pointed Little Head
(1969, RCA)

I used to live next door to the Jefferson Airplane Manson at 2400 Fulton Street. I have that record too and the vinyl is so pliable you'd think you could bend it half without breaking it. Great LP.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #40,669 of 136,188
Those cheap flexible vinyl records with more substitutes than Hot Dogs scare me! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #40,671 of 136,188
After watching Colorado State (my alma mater) lose to Louisville in the NCAA tournament, I'm trying to re-focus my positive energy by listening to my two newest acquisitions:

So far I think it's working! 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #40,672 of 136,188
Quote:
Quote:
Those cheap flexible vinyl records with more substitutes than Hot Dogs scare me! 
biggrin.gif

I believe that was right around the oil crisis. Or a few years before.

Post Arab Oil Embargo. Plants in Germany & Japan were like "What's the problem?" 
ksc75smile.gif
 And kept issuing quality pressings...

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #40,673 of 136,188
Quote:
Post Arab Oil Embargo. Plants in Germany & Japan were like "What's the problem?" 
ksc75smile.gif

I do remember how valuable "imports" were during that time in the U.S. "I am looking for the Beatles Let It Be LP--English import." "Have you heard the import version?" What was really valuable was an American recording pressed in Europe.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #40,675 of 136,188
Quote:
Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

I do remember how valuable "imports" were during that time in the U.S. "I am looking for the Beatles Let It Be LP--English import." "Have you heard the import version?" What was really valuable was an American recording pressed in Europe.

No, I haven't. Not really a Beatles or Stones fan. I will say there's about five recordings I like from each band over the years. Well, that counts
normal_smile .gif
 for something. You just reminded me, I need to start cataloging the few LP's I've been able to afford.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #40,676 of 136,188
For the love of god start now. My collection isn't that big and it took days to get it done properly for me.

Gonna be even worse when I start tagging needle drops.

Quote:
No, I haven't. Not really a Beatles or Stones fan. I will say there's about five recordings I like from each band over the years. Well, that counts
normal_smile%20.gif
 for something. You just reminded me, I need to start cataloging the few LP's I've been able to afford.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #40,677 of 136,188
Quote:
normal_smile%20.gif

I meant it more generally. Example: I want to buy the British import of (insert group). I worked in a record store and British imports were the bee's knees be it the Beatles or Ella Fitzgerald (which was actually pressed in Holland--at least the best copy was pressed there).

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #40,678 of 136,188
Quote:
For the love of god start now. My collection isn't that big and it took days to get it done properly for me.

Gonna be even worse when I start tagging needle drops.

Quote:
normal_smile%20.gif

Thanks to you, you're the one who prompted me to start to begin with. I was just sharing with another member earlier that I actually packed and unpacked my audio gear three times in the last six weeks. That's how strong a pull music can have. Next week, I hope to have the strength to leave my rig boxed up, so I could move out. Gonna hit the LP's before they go back into the box!

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #40,679 of 136,188
Screw that. Rig is the last thing I'd pack. I'm moving soon too and it'll be playing while I pack on moving day.

"Got everything?"
"Yup, just gotta pack the speakers now."

TBH I've been lazy with cataloging because I've been buying so frequently lately. I know which LPs I haven't cataloged, but I haven't actually worked them in properly yet.

Quote:

Thanks to you, you're the one who prompted me to start to begin with. I was just sharing with another member earlier that I actually packed and unpacked my audio gear three times in the last six weeks. That's how strong a pull music can have. Next week, I hope to have the strength to leave my rig boxed up, so I could move out. Gonna hit the LP's before they go back into the box!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back