What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 10, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #36,781 of 136,284
Is it too frantic, too violent to suggest I'm going to rifle through the library 
eek.gif
 as soon as I get home? 

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #36,784 of 136,284
Is it too frantic, too violent to suggest I'm going to rifle through the library :eek:  as soon as I get home? 

It is like knowing there is a large carton of chocolate ice cream waiting for you....chocolate ( and smooth female Jazz) is good for the soul!

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #36,786 of 136,284
Spent last few hours setting up surround sound around my bed and spinning some vinyl :

Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra - The Debussy Album 
Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion
Bat for Lashes - The Haunted Man
Pete Sinfield - Still
Laurie Anderson - United States Live  - First LP Side 1

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #36,793 of 136,284
Quote:
Turntable > Tube Phono > Tube Buffer > Tube Pre > Tube Power > Speakers

Quote:

Yeah, I do that. 
ksc75smile.gif

Wait, the kit...and the kaboodle?! 
rolleyes.gif
 I know, I know, the full routing is in progress. Gotta have a chat with my amp builder, so no tube buffer/pre for now, just the tube amp taking the signal from the TT. Gonna have to bang on your door with an arm full of food! 

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #36,794 of 136,284
Quote:

Quote:
Is it too frantic, too violent to suggest I'm going to rifle through the library 
eek.gif
 as soon as I get home? 

It is like knowing there is a large carton of chocolate ice cream waiting for you....chocolate ( and smooth female Jazz) is good for the soul!

We go French Vanilla, Custard or Dulce de Leche with our female Jazz vocalists. 
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #36,795 of 136,284

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. - It's A Corporate World

Alright, this Detroit-based duo chose to give themselves a truly hilarious name.  (From what I've heard, the real Dale Earnhardt Jr. has personally contacted them and given them his full blessing.) If they didn't have such a great name, I probably never would've heard them. Of course, with a name like that, they need to have the goods to back it up, and in fact they do! 
blink.gif

This is a well-written pop record with some nice-sounding vocals and elements of electronica. It held my interest all the way through. To my ears, it's definitely worth a listen.

Feel free to laugh at yourself when you find yourself listening to Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., but do give it a try. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back