What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #36,526 of 136,283
Quote:
Looking forward to your edit with enclosed link of your groups performance and notation of how it was miked . TIA , and congrats on finding y/our passion and sharing of it .
L3000.gif

Thank you very much! I will try and upload it at least on SoundCloud. 
smile.gif
 My only issue is that it's a LIVE recording, so editing out the audience will be a task. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #36,529 of 136,283

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #36,531 of 136,283
Here is a playlist of the songs I've come across lately. Enjoy!

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #36,533 of 136,283
So this is my second post here.  2 days after receiving my first pair of decent headphones.  Ever.  This is more of a story.   Yesterday I was on a flight between Ohare and Springfield.  I sat next to a young Marine, who I found out was just coming home from boot.  After we got air born, and got the OK, I put my new Uptowns on, and was listening to some metal.  I didn't think anyone could hear.  Not too long after, we started our approach for the short hop.  I removed the headphones, and Mr Marine says that band is AWESOME!  (I guess he could hear despite the claims of sound isolation)  So we spent the next 20 minutes talking about Machine Head, and metal, and boot camp, and concerts, and San Diego. When we got there he shakes my hand and says how cool it was meeting someone as old as me who likes metal.  Ouch!  But, it's true.  So this record is pretty much perfect for testing out new headphones, no matter what kind of music you normally listen to. 

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #36,536 of 136,283
Quote:
So this is my second post here.  2 days after receiving my first pair of decent headphones.  Ever.  This is more of a story.   Yesterday I was on a flight between Ohare and Springfield.  I sat next to a young Marine, who I found out was just coming home from boot.  After we got air born, and got the OK, I put my new Uptowns on, and was listening to some metal.  I didn't think anyone could hear.  Not too long after, we started our approach for the short hop.  I removed the headphones, and Mr Marine says that band is AWESOME!  (I guess he could hear despite the claims of sound isolation)  So we spent the next 20 minutes talking about Machine Head, and metal, and boot camp, and concerts, and San Diego. When we got there he shakes my hand and says how cool it was meeting someone as old as me who likes metal.  Ouch!  But, it's true.  So this record is pretty much perfect for testing out new headphones, no matter what kind of music you normally listen to. 

Welcome to Head-Fi Robspeed. From one old metal head to another!

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #36,540 of 136,283
Yes - 90125.  Their eleventh studio album released in '83.  

I remember seeing Owner of a Lonely Heart on MTV when it first aired.  Same time period as Say Say Say from Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson and Huey Louis and The News' Heart and Soul.  Ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back