What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Oct 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #36,153 of 136,294
^^

Guilty Pop pleasure!

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #36,154 of 136,294
Quote:
Stepping back into the 90s w/ Ace of Base.

Stepping way back to Rubber Soul.  
atsmile.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #36,157 of 136,294
Quote:

The feigned punch at the drummer in-time, was a nice touch. For some odd reason, this vid reminded me of David Bowie's performance in the film "Absolute Beginners."

I know very little on this subject, there is a fact that he was an influence on Bowie and English rock in general.

We all know how Bowie actually tried to distance himself from Ziggy Stardust but some of the alter ego was permanently ingrained into Bowie's style for life!

He was a role model maybe for Bowie at a young age and gave Bowie a stage aesthetic, also he was an example of what not to do as a rock star and showed the shallowness of it all. Perfect script for a rock musical. Bowie always wanted to write a musical. He then found out that he could create one and star in it. He also had to stop it soon as he knew that all these things only have a limited life-span and tragedy could befall anyone who takes the thing too far. Like being drunk and rolling around onstage can only work for so long.

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #36,159 of 136,294
The second disc of Porcupine Tree's Arriving Somewhere DVD.

DISC TWO:
1. Rockpalast TV: Futile (6:29)
2. Rockpalast TV: Radioactive Toy (6:45)
3. Lazarus - promo clip directed by Lasse Hoile
4. Start of Something Beautiful (live film directed by Przemyslaw Vshebor and Lasse Hoile )
5. Halo (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
6. Mother and Child Divided (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
7. Gavin Harrison - Cymbal Song film (in stereo and 5.1 audio)

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #36,160 of 136,294
Quote:
Quote:

The feigned punch at the drummer in-time, was a nice touch. For some odd reason, this vid reminded me of David Bowie's performance in the film "Absolute Beginners."

I know very little on this subject, there is a fact that he was an influence on Bowie and English rock in general.

We all know how Bowie actually tried to distance himself from Ziggy Stardust but some of the alter ego was permanently ingrained into Bowie's style for life!

He was a role model maybe for Bowie at a young age and gave Bowie a stage aesthetic, also he was an example of what not to do as a rock star and showed the shallowness of it all. Perfect script for a rock musical. Bowie always wanted to write a musical. He then found out that he could create one and star in it. He also had to stop it soon as he knew that all these things only have a limited life-span and tragedy could befall anyone who takes the thing too far. Like being drunk and rolling around onstage can only work for so long.

Thanks, Redcarmoose. By chance, did you ever get a chance to watch the All British Cast film "Absolute Beginners?" I thought Bowie was quite good in it. But personally, watched the film 'cause Sade makes a cameo 
wink.gif
 as a sultry nightclub Jazz singer. Something tells me that they didn't have to go out on a limb for that casting...
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #36,163 of 136,294
Quote:

Thanks, Redcarmoose. By chance, did you ever get a chance to watch the All British Cast film "Absolute Beginners?" I thought Bowie was quite good in it. But personally, watched the film 'cause Sade makes a cameo 
wink.gif
 as a sultry nightclub Jazz singer. Something tells me that they didn't have to go out on a limb for that casting...
rolleyes.gif

I will look for it, but first................... I still need to see Ziggy Stardust.

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #36,165 of 136,294
http://soundcloud.com/ritontime/riton-dj-set-electrosanne

and after I'm switching to this :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back