What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #31,142 of 136,042

Quote:

Marvin Gaye - Live at the London Palladium (1977)

Marvin-Gaye-Live-At-The-Londo-411504.jpg

Marvin was the man.  He was an excellent mixer too.  The song "I Want You" can school half the mixers I've worked with...

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #31,143 of 136,042

Torley - Glitch Piano

This is a 3 hour long 50 track album with mostly piano and sometimes string backed tracks, with a very airy and ambient sort of feel. A really relaxing listen. The album is available to download in FLAC format.

For a sample look up Glitch Piano on Youtube.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #31,148 of 136,042

Quote:
Marvin was the man.  He was an excellent mixer too.  The song "I Want You" can school half the mixers I've worked with...

Indeed !

Wonderful PBS Masters Series of "The Man"  seen just last night, in fact.
Such a loss, consumed by drugs. A pity , really . 

Looking for a well recorded and transposed Marvin Gaye CD , after several unfortunate low quality buys ...

Now:

John Scofield
(Playes The Music of Ray Charles)

"You Don't Know, Me" , with Aaron Neville at the microphone ;')

Great sweet pipes with one of the most interesting and distinctive vocal styles ever recorded !   

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #31,152 of 136,042

Quote:
Wonderful PBS Masters Series of "The Man"  seen just last night, in fact.
Such a loss, consumed by drugs. A pity , really . 

Looking for a well recorded and transposed Marvin Gaye CD , after several unfortunate low quality buys ...

Yes that IS the documentary to watch when it comes to Marvin Gay.   I was going to mention it but I got interrupted.

Don't forget Marvin may have been side tracked a few time by his use of drugs but he'd still be with us right now had his father not shot him dead on april 1st 1984

Listen to the Ladies scream for Mavin during this live performance...probably the best performance of this song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back