What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #29,686 of 136,280

Kate Bush

" The Dreaming "

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #29,688 of 136,280

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #29,689 of 136,280
Tonite's listening session starts with what is likely my first new cd purchase in... a long time. I often times by used. Anyway, I bought Jose Gonzalez's In Our Nature primarily for the single "tear drop" but from what I'm reading it's not even the best track.

That said, here's a link and the album art:

Jose Gonzalez - In Our Nature

More to come. Much more. Tonite's definitely a listenin' night.

Anyway, after going to my local used CD shoppe of choice, I found the next album I was supposed to eventually buy, by Junip, a band Jose Gonzalez Joined. Album is called Fields. :)

Junip, Fields

More to come. :)

I've come to realize I have too many albums. That is to say, I have a lot of crap I never ever listen to and have no interest in. So this has prompted a cleaning out of my albums so going forward I'm listening to stuff that I don't know if I like to come to a conclusion.

So right now:

Fleewood Mac, Behind the Mask

Not digging it so far.
confused_face_2.gif

Can't come to a conclusion on whether or not it's worth a buck or two at the trade in, but anyway... curiosity provoked me to buy this, so listening now.

Flobots, Fight with Tools

The violin is it's redeeming factor thus far. After finishing it, it's a bit awkward but may be good enough to keep. A few more listens will decide. :)

That said, I found a stash of CD's I had never heard, ripped, etc. Stuff that was as good as brand new to me. In it, was this:

Johnny Cash, American IV

I hate myself. I'm furious with myself. Neither statement accurately describes how bad it is that I had this without ever hearing it.

The album is amazing.

Moving along:

Fleetwood Mac, Time

Newer fleetwood mac is not treating me so well.

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #29,692 of 136,280
Florence & The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Awolnation- Sail
The Heavy - Short Change Hero
Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
Alicia Keys - If I Can't Have You
Seal - Crazy
Simon & Garfunkle - America
Sophie B Hawkins - As I Lay Me Down
Scott Walker - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #29,693 of 136,280
I have no idea, but you should check out the rest of his label, too. Feed Me blasts Deadmau5 out of the water, IMO. 

They're both great for ElectroHouse though. 

Quote:
I discovered deadmau5 yesterday. How did I not know of this?

Before that, Leonard Cohen and Two Steps From Hell.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #29,694 of 136,280
M2 Jazz (internet radio) - Live from Paris, France. Been listening to the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Bessie Smith, Sarah Vaughn, Billie Holiday... a wonderful station!

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #29,696 of 136,280
I'm letting random.org pick my selections from the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums list tonight...

Little Walter - Best of Little Walter
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Gang of Four - Entertainment!
Merle Haggard - Branded Man
Roxy Music - Avalon
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark

(Wish You Were Here was the only album I'd listened to all the way through before tonight (not counting shuffle play single tracks). A good night's listening I must say.)

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #29,698 of 136,280
   Damn good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back