What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #22,923 of 137,137
Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2 - Byron Janis with the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra

...and the Albert Hall live album from The Killers.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #22,930 of 137,137

Origin:Orphan is a genuinely different offering from The Hidden Cameras. Far darker than anything they've produced so far, but still retaining that sense of fun. The sound is far better than everything that's gone before, but that wouldn't be difficult. Not hi-fi, but a damn good listen.

Dec 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #22,932 of 137,137
Mary J Blige- Whats the 411
Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Corrine Bailey Rae- The Sea
Jay-Z- All

Dec 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #22,933 of 137,137
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Damn the Torpedoes (deluxe edition)

I have to add that I am listening on some horrendous realistic nova 40's that were my first cans from back in the 80's. I spent a lot of hours listening to these things back in the day... Wow they are really bad... I found them at Mom's buried on a shelf. For nostalgia's sake I'll endure a bit more before going back to the iem's I have with me.

Dec 26, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #22,934 of 137,137
Alban Berg, Three Pieces for Orchestra op 6.

This is difficult music (which already, especially on a weekend, means headphones, not speakers), and it surprised me today - I got my son a new gaming gadget for xmas, so I was looking to sidestep the bleeps spilling from his corner of the sofa without retreating from the family scene in our living room. Out come the IEMs: but the ones I found the fastest were the UE11Pro, not usually my choice for classical. (As most people know, this Ultimate Ears custom IEM gives you plenty of bass emphasis, but it's clean enough in the highs to work on these compositions). While pretty filigreed, this mid-sized orchestration actually kind of benefits from some low-freq oomph - it makes Berg's seductive atonality even more eerie and ominous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back