What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 13, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #18,316 of 136,317
Spiritualized -
floating_in_space.jpg

ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

Apr 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #18,317 of 136,317
Tiesto's Club Life Podcast 158 > Bertie Blackman "Baby Teeth" (Luke Chable Remix)

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #18,318 of 136,317
Still Crazy After All These Years

Paul Simon

Audio CD (October 25, 1990)
Original Release Date: October 1975
Label: Warner Bros / Wea

Track Listings :

1. Still Crazy After All These Years
2. My Little Town
3. I Do It for Your Love
4. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
5. Night Game
6. Gone at Last
7. Some Folks' Lives Roll Easy
8. Have a Good Time
9. You're Kind
10. Silent Eyes

~
smily_headphones1.gif
~

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #18,325 of 136,317
The more I listen to The Crying Light by Antony & the Johnsons, the more I love it. Great vocals, minimalistic instrumentation that literally draws you into the music, which includes a variety of instruments. Well-recorded so you can hear ambient sounds, people moving, the creak of instruments and the size of the rooms, etc.

Here you can sample the songs, and here is an interview of Antony Hegerty who is interesting and different. Here's the Pitchfork album review, which is quite good.

1125224520.jpg

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #18,326 of 136,317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I listen to The Crying Light by Antony & the Johnsons, the more I love it. Great vocals, minimalistic instrumentation that literally draws you into the music, which includes a variety of instruments. Well-recorded so you can hear ambient sounds, people moving, the creak of instruments and the size of the rooms, etc.

Here you can sample the songs, and here is an interview of Antony Hegerty who is interesting and different. Here's the Pitchfork album review, which is quite good.

1125224520.jpg

I Am a Bird Now is one of my favourite albums, but A Crying Light did almost nothing for me. Quite a shame, really.

Apr 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #18,327 of 136,317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Am a Bird Now is one of my favourite albums, but A Crying Light did almost nothing for me. Quite a shame, really.

Dublo7-
I got I am a bird now after Crying Light and don't like it as much (yet). This has happened to me before. I find an album I like and then get something else by them and don't like it as well. For me, I think it takes awhile to let the differentness sink in. For example, I got Fever Ray, loved it, found out it was the girl from the Knife, got Silent Shout and didn't like it as much. Maybe I'm just weird, but this thread helps keep me going.

Anyway, you've got me listening to I Am a Bird Now... now now.
candyhujar.jpg

Apr 14, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #18,329 of 136,317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dublo7-
I got I am a bird now after Crying Light and don't like it as much (yet). This has happened to me before. I find an album I like and then get something else by them and don't like it as well. For me, I think it takes awhile to let the differentness sink in. For example, I got Fever Ray, loved it, found out it was the girl from the Knife, got Silent Shout and didn't like it as much. Maybe I'm just weird, but this thread helps keep me going.

Anyway, you've got me listening to I Am a Bird Now... now now.
candyhujar.jpg

Yeah, perhaps I just have to give it more time. I am a Bird Now also has the best album art ever. I have the vinyl slip-cover hanging next to my bed
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back