The Neptunes (w/ Snoop Dogg) - It Blows My Mind
The Misfits - Hybrid Moments

Jan 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #2,560 of 137,758
Ben Harper And The Innocent Criminals - Younger Than Today

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #2,563 of 137,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Locked In Tight" - lilium

Nice record. Haven't heard any others, have you?

Been listening a lot to Life Without Buildings Live at the Annandale Hotel. Be fun if the success of this 5 year old live show surprisingly released in 2007, recorded near the end of their time together as a band, only one full album to their credit, led to a reunion and some new recordings, but haven't heard any rumors of anything like that happening. Shame, great band with a very unique sound. Sue comes off as so charming on this recording, something that doesn't fully come across on the excellent studio record without her interplay with the audience. And you can really appreciate just how good the guitarist is too. Special record, and nice recording too. Don't know who was responsible for this getting a widespread release throughout the world, but thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #2,564 of 137,758
Hey Davey, long time no read! I haven't heard any other music from lilium, though I listen to the disc that I have frequently. I've been buying significantly less music and spending more time listening to the vast library that I have accumulated. Sounds like you're enthusiastic about "Life Without Buildings." (I stumbled upon a post you made about it elsewhere...) I may have to check it out...always a pleasure...

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #2,565 of 137,758
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you're enthusiastic about "Life Without Buildings."

Yea, I tend to get stuck on one thing at a time, and listen to it over and over. Hadn't listened to their original release in a long time, so this was really a nice surprise. Luckily it was picked up in the States, so only $11 postpaid from the Absolutely Kosher site and they throw in the latest 21 song sampler from last year too which always has some pretty good stuff on it. I've always been a sucker for that jangle rock sound, whether from the Clean and Chills and David Kilgour, or the Feelies and REM and Luna, or Yo La Tengo and Electrelane, or any number of others, especially when it gets mixed up with that new wave post rock sound. But Life Without Buildings was much more original sounding than the numerous other neo new wave bands that came out a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back