What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 11, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #135,436 of 136,229
BIS-CD-1109.jpg

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #135,443 of 136,229
The beauty of having my entire CD collection (2800) ripped to my NAS is I can easily browse it in a media player such as JRiver Media Center. So, while looking around for something to play I came across this beauty I forgot about - Fourth World - Fourth World (B&W 1993). Latin jazz; Jazz fusion; World. Their first release....

Fourth World.jpg

Musicians....
  • Airto Moreira – drums, percussion, vocals
  • Flora Purim – vocals, percussion
  • José Neto – guitars and vocals
  • Gary Meek – alto, soprano and tenor saxophones, flute, keyboards, Hammond organ, glockenspiel and EWI
  • Diana Moreira – vocals (track 5)
  • Chil Factor – rap (track 10)
Really great listen. Also, the B&W label was known for putting out some very good sound recordings. Flora Purim's Speed of Light is one such recording on the label.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #135,445 of 136,229
Rush - Hold Your Fire
IMG_3607.jpeg

Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
IMG_3418.jpeg

Magnavox CDB560--> Bifrost 2/64-->Freya N-->Emotiva BasX-->Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2

Torroba - Dialogues for Guitair and Orchestra

Miles Davis - So What

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #135,446 of 136,229
I wrote on here a while ago about a new find that is No Money Kids. Kind of Lo-Fi and didn't care for them a lot on my new-to-me Arya's.
However, on my Senn HD660S2's on my Schiit Valhalla 2, Wow!

I bought this album, their last full album from 2022 (Deluxe version):

And a few singles from 2024:

And I should also mention that just before this I was listening to new Black Keys (Ohio Players). They do go Very nicely together!

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #135,448 of 136,229
I wrote on here a while ago about a new find that is No Money Kids. Kind of Lo-Fi and didn't care for them a lot on my new-to-me Arya's.
However, on my Senn HD660S2's on my Schiit Valhalla 2, Wow!

I bought this album, their last full album from 2022 (Deluxe version):

And a few singles from 2024:

And I should also mention that just before this I was listening to new Black Keys (Ohio Players). They do go Very nicely together!

Hmmm 🤔 i would love to explore this genre. Thanks for sharing. If you have some more, do share more. 😎

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #135,449 of 136,229
The beauty of having my entire CD collection (2800) ripped to my NAS is I can easily browse it in a media player such as JRiver Media Center. So, while looking around for something to play I came across this beauty I forgot about - Fourth World - Fourth World (B&W 1993). Latin jazz; Jazz fusion; World. Their first release....

Fourth World.jpg

Musicians....
  • Airto Moreira – drums, percussion, vocals
  • Flora Purim – vocals, percussion
  • José Neto – guitars and vocals
  • Gary Meek – alto, soprano and tenor saxophones, flute, keyboards, Hammond organ, glockenspiel and EWI
  • Diana Moreira – vocals (track 5)
  • Chil Factor – rap (track 10)
Really great listen. Also, the B&W label was known for putting out some very good sound recordings. Flora Purim's Speed of Light is one such recording on the label.
Interesting. I'll check this out. Thanks for sharing.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #135,450 of 136,229
Hmmm 🤔 i would love to explore this genre. Thanks for sharing. If you have some more, do share more. 😎
I just stumbled across them while music hunting on iTunes, as I do every week. They are out of France, I believe. They were labeled as "blues-rock", so I dove in. Didn't like the first song I heard, but liked others and went hunting for an album. I think they are putting out a new album this year.

I go for rock, alt-rock, blues, blues-rock and horn jazz.

I try to buy at least one new to me song per week. And then I try to post the unknown or lesser known stuff here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back