What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 18, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #132,286 of 137,758

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #132,287 of 137,758
Enigma_Cross Of Changes.jpg
The-Pines-Above-the-Prairie-2.jpgWaterboys_This Is The Sea.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #132,288 of 137,758
Is it my imagination, Doug, or are you expanding the music genres to which you
listen by an exponential multiplier? Nothing wrong with that! :)

For today ... an eclectic mix of music.
Miles Davis - Live in Europe 1967.png
Music composed by Bronislaw Kaper.

Got bored by the jazz, so moved on a bit ...
Led Zeppelin - I.png

The Clash - London Calling.png

LCD-4 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #132,290 of 137,758
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #132,291 of 137,758
Is it my imagination, Doug, or are you expanding the music genres to which you
listen by an exponential multiplier? Nothing wrong with that! :)
I am always looking for new music. Nothing like the buzz one gets from discovering music that you like that's also new to you. I recognize that I do have a taste-bias toward guitar-centered music. I would say that I have been expanding recently in an ambient electronic, "dark jazz" kind of direction. Bands like Flunk, Khruangbin, Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Dark Orchard, Zeleinople are all really new to me, and I am really digging their music. I have posts in this wonderful thread to thank for my explorations in this new territory. Doesn't mean that I like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cream, Traffic, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Jeff Beck, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Steely Dan, Bob Marley, The Clash, Talking Heads, U2, Dire Straits, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, The Cure, nine inch nails, Radiohead, or Modest Mouse any less! I have never understood my friends whose musical preferences never evolved beyond high school. Nothing worse than being close-minded to new music...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #132,292 of 137,758
I am always looking for new music. Nothing like the buzz one gets from discovering something that you like that's also new. I would say that I have been expanding recently in an ambient electronic, "dark jazz" kind of direction. Bands like Flunk, Khruangbin, Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Dark Orchard, Zeleinople are all really new to me, and I am really digging their music. I have posts in this wonderful thread to thank for my explorations in this new territory. Doesn't mean that I like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Talking Heads, The Cure, Radiohead, and Modest Mouse any less! I have never understood my friends whose musical preferences never evolved beyond high school. Nothing worse than being close-minded to new music...
Well said :clap:

For me at the moment it's 70's jazz, but my moods change all the time, so I might be looking EDM, or Trance next phase. But yes, there's nothing like the excitement of discovering new music (new as in stuff you've never heard before). For me, that's currently Miles Davis.

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #132,293 of 137,758
I am always looking for new music. Nothing like the buzz one gets from discovering something that you like that's also new. I recognize that I do have a taste-bias toward guitar-centered music. I would say that I have been expanding recently in an ambient electronic, "dark jazz" kind of direction. Bands like Flunk, Khruangbin, Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Dark Orchard, Zeleinople are all really new to me, and I am really digging their music. I have posts in this wonderful thread to thank for my explorations in this new territory. Doesn't mean that I like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cream, Traffic, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Steely Dan, Bob Marley, The Clash, Talking Heads, U2, The Eagles, The Cure, Radiohead, and Modest Mouse any less! I have never understood my friends whose musical preferences never evolved beyond high school. Nothing worse than being close-minded to new music...
Right on, brother! Rock on!!
I got stuck in idle (at least) once, and told my friend @Ableza that I'd never heard The Clash. He raked me over the coals and then back again, so I listened to their music and - liked it! Funny how that works ... :)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #132,294 of 137,758

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #132,296 of 137,758
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #132,297 of 137,758
What genre of music is this?
I'd put it somewhere in the indie / rock category with a lean toward progressive metal. Whatever it is, it's an interesting listen.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #132,298 of 137,758
Iamthemorning | Iamthemorning
1705606224024.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back