Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis

Stevie Wonder - Skeletons

Vaughn Monroe - Let It Snow

Gene Kelly - Singing In The Rain

Bing Crosby - Winter Wonderland

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #131,060 of 137,540
Glad you liked it?
Very much so. Sounded like he was at his best. The guys he was playing with were great as well!
Thanks again for the tip.

Leo

Dec 12, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #131,062 of 137,540
I agree with this. I do think it's helpful to write (a brief) back-story about the music and musicians, to better convey the whole story. Sometimes the back story is quite important and interesting, but it doesn't need to be five paragraphs copied out of Wikipedia. New folks who are joining, seemingly every day now, are watching us experienced posters create multiple posts all the time, so there's little incentive for them to not do that. I also think that the corrective messages (I think you've been posting) are very helpful for the new folks. My remaining question is how to handle listening to five different genres in one session. All in one post is overload, so in that case I'm OK with multiple separate posts. I am as guilty as the next person, so I will try to cut back on my number of posts. Honest, starting tomorrow! :)
I think people hate change and would rather keep things status quo to better suit their own comfort rather than accepting things change, even within rigid walls.

At the end of the day if you make people feel unwanted, they will leave, and the thread will dry up due to staleness. I personally don't have to post here as I have other places I can go, but I post here because I thought we could exchange ideas and converse. However, I see some would just rather have people shut up.

Also, it's not like the thread is being severely derailed from the original intent so what we have is a person opposed different ways of seeing things - conversations and back stories.

Anyway, given the nature of nature of these conversations I'm sure they will invoke an admin response. My hope is reason prevails.

Peace :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #131,065 of 137,540
I think people hate change and would rather keep things status quo to better suit their own comfort rather than accepting things change, even within rigid walls.

At the end of the day if you make people feel unwanted, they will leave, and the thread will dry up due to staleness. I personally don't have to post here as I have other places I can go, but I post here because I thought we could exchange ideas and converse. However, I see some would just rather have people shut up.

Also, it's not like the thread is being severely derailed from the original intent so what we have is a person opposed different ways of seeing things - conversations and back stories.

Anyway, given the nature of nature of these conversations I'm sure they will invoke an admin response. My hope is reason prevails.

Peace :sunglasses:
This is a forum after all, so maybe there would be two different threads? Since this is one of the most active threads there is, I don't think any of them would "die" if there was created one for those wanting to do things differently from how this thread was originally structured :)

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #131,066 of 137,540
Black Sabbath - Live Studio Recordings

Hey! Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know these live studio recordings. Love that Tommy Iommi style, he is one of the greatest guitar players of all time.

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #131,067 of 137,540
I've had less time to listen lately, it's winter and my mother has already had two accidents, so I check the time between the hospital and the store.
IMG_20231210_195428.jpg
IMG_20231213_104144.jpg

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #131,068 of 137,540

Dec 13, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #131,069 of 137,540
Hi all,

Asking an honest question. I'm not clear why we are asked to post once/day and add multiple listenings to the original post. Really what's the difference between one post with 5 listings, vs. 5 posts with 1 listing each? Again, I'm truly interested. No "shade" intended.

Thanks!

Leo

I think mainly just to keep the thread nice and clean with fewer postings by just editing the original post.

I find it better for me at times just to visit the thread about every other day now, instead of everyday.

Once the thread is longer and more time consuming to scroll through, I just race through it. I almost never watch the video's and such. I just quickly see if there is anything new posted that I may be intersted in.

JSTTDT.jpg
GALCB.jpg
16/44 Flac > KTE Holo Spring L3 > GOTL > ZMF VC

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #131,070 of 137,540

- On my upgraded "close and play" :notes:

john-mayer-continuum-music-on-vinyl.jpg

RockReview 2016
publicityphoto-joebonamassa-cover-750x400.jpg

I cannot recommend this LIVE set highly enough :L3000:
915WKVZaWGL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited: