What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 21, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #130,141 of 137,769
Creedence Clearwater_Cosmo's Factory.jpg
Cat Power_Covers.jpg
I should probably just leave it alone but it's just my opinion, so... I think this thread would be improved,
if when posting an album cover, that the person posting use "thumbnail images," rather than "full images."
Unless the album art is the point of the post, the message is received with a thumbnail image, and we get more on a page.
No big deal, small thing, I'll live either way, but it's something that I've thought about for awhile. Thanks for your indulgence...​

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #130,142 of 137,769

I should probably just leave it alone but it's just my opinion, so... I think this thread would be improved,
if when posting an album cover, that the person posting use "thumbnail images," rather than "full images."
Unless the album art is the point of the post, the message is received with a thumbnail image, and we get more on a page.
No big deal, small thing, I'll live either way, but it's something that I've thought about for awhile. Thanks for your indulgence...​
Agree - I always post thumbnails and then YouTubes if I can find good ones, not always easy! Thanks, Doug.

For Today:
Weather Report - Weather Report.png
Song composed by Wayne Shorter.

Weather Report - Sweetnighter.png
Song composed by Joe Zawinul. Moving toward funk.

Weather Report - Black Market.png
Black Market is my favorite Weather Report album. Very interesting music!

Song composed by Jaco Pastorius ... welcome to Weather Report.

Weather Report - Heavy Weather.png
An example of Jaco Pastorius' unique technique on the fretless bass ...

Studio albums from 1971, 1973, 1976 and 1977. Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter
had just come out of the In A Silent Way / Bitches Brew period with Miles Davis
and formed their new band. Those two are the only constant factors here, the
bass moves from Miroslav Vitous to Alphonso Johnson to Jaco Pastorius. All
versions are interesting in their own way. HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #130,144 of 137,769
1974/2015 Rhino - I understand a 2023 reissue/remaster is in the works to be released soon(?) :thumbsup:

Singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Paul Rodgers, drummer Simon Kirke (both from Free), guitarist/songwriter Mick Ralphs (from Mott The Hoople) and bassist Boz Burrell (from King Crimson) became one of the most successful supergroups of the 1970 when they joined forces as Bad Company.

Signing with Led Zeppelin's Swan Song label, the quartet's self-titled debut soared to No.1 on the U.S. charts, summer 1974.

Of the eight originals on the album, more than half would spend years in rotation on AOR and classic rock radio - “Rock Steady,” “Ready For Love,” “Movin’ On,” the title song and the #5 hit “Can’t Get Enough.” The 5x platinum BAD COMPANY remains a milestone of blues-based hard rock, and Rhino's Deluxe Edition of the album features remastered sound from the original multi-tracks and a bonus disc of B-sides, demo and alternate versions.
badco_deluxe.jpg
50th anniversary edition coming in 2024???

91ie61V7wML._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I remember getting the first Bad Company album the day it came out, and I was a fan of both Free and Mott the Hoople from their first albums; that album was a real big deal at the time. I got to see them on that first tour at Winterland in San Francisco, but alas, no photos....

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #130,145 of 137,769
Django Django is a wonderful band; I loved them since I first heard 'Default'. Their current double-album, 'Off-Planet, parts 1 - 4' is highly recommended, with a number of different styles....

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #130,146 of 137,769
Agree - I always post thumbnails and then YouTubes if I can find good ones, not always easy! Thanks, Doug.

For Today:
Weather Report - Weather Report.png
Weather Report - Sweetnighter.png
Weather Report - Black Market.png
Weather Report - Heavy Weather.png
Studio albums from 1971, 1973, 1976 and 1977. Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter
had just come out of the In A Silent Way / Bitches Brew period with Miles Davis
and formed their new band. Those two are the only constant factors here, the
bass moves from Miroslav Vitous to Alphonso Johnson to Jaco Pastorius. All
versions are interesting in their own way. HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)
I'd posted about a week ago about how much I liked that Black Market album - Black Market, Gilbraltar, and Elegant People are definitely worth the price of admission there. On Sweetnighter its definitely Boogie Woogie Waltz.

But my two favorite Weather Report albums though are both Heavy Weather and Mr. Gone. Those need to be had as a set. I pretty much like everything Weather Report put out and have all but their last two albums. My Weather Report collection posted > here.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #130,147 of 137,769
On to Earl Klugh / Bob James - Two of a Kind...

Earl Klugh Bob James - Two of a Kind.jpg

This is a great contemporary jazz album with some great melodic jazz played by both Earl Klugh on guitar, and Bob James on piano. These two have collaborated on two other albums in addition to One of a Kind (1982); there's also Bob James / Earl Klugh - One on One (1979), and Bob James / Earl Klugh - Cool (1992). I have all three and each and every one ae great albums. These two works together very well. I'm a big Bob James fan having all his albums up to 2002 (Morning, Noon, Night). I've also a few Earl Klugh albums, but nowhere near that of Bob James.

Nov 21, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #130,148 of 137,769
Django Django is a wonderful band; I loved them since I first heard 'Default'. Their current double-album, 'Off-Planet, parts 1 - 4' is highly recommended, with a number of different styles....
You are right - the new album is def worth a listen and imo (by far) their best since the epochal debut. Wished that Bloc Party would come up with something alike - still waiting for a second Silent Alarm... :) ...

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #130,149 of 137,769
Screenshot_20231121-205519.png
Music and Foto by Nomak

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #130,152 of 137,769
IMG_4257.png

IMG_4258.png

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #130,155 of 137,769

Users who are viewing this thread

Back