Oct 8, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #128,371 of 136,066
Screenshot 2023-10-02 205826.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-02 202534.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-08 202559.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #128,373 of 136,066
Roger Waters | The Dark Side of the Moon Redux
1696779200509.png

Not sure what I think of this release yet... First "taste" of it didn't sit right and I stopped listening after about 90 seconds. Giving it a few full listening sessions now to de-program my bias regarding this particular collection of songs, and it's starting to grow on me a bit.

In any case, the mix / master seem to be excellent so the sound quality is really good.

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #128,374 of 136,066
1696779200509.png

Not sure what I think of this release yet... First "taste" of it didn't sit right and I stopped listening after about 90 seconds. Giving it a few full listening sessions now to de-program my bias regarding this particular collection of songs, and it's starting to grow on me a bit.

In any case, the mix / master seem to be excellent so the sound quality is really good.
Don't know what to make of it really. Works ok in some places. Us and Them is a nice take (but its such a godly song it would probably work in any format)

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #128,375 of 136,066

Hey Glen, I certainly concur with your evaluation. The recent review at "Paste" was fairly brutal. I had the same listening experience as you. I listened to it for a short time, and finished it when I had more time to concentrate. It definitely grows on you. I REALLY like the recent redux of "Comfortably Numb," and Waters' "Lockdown Sessions." I could have lived with a bit less spoken word on "The Dark Side Of The Moon Redux," and a bit more instrumental interlude. It will never replace the original, but it is an interesting take. To be fair, in a recent interview, Waters expressed as much. Many of the stripped down acoustic riffs are fairly easy to figure out by a wanna be guitar player with modest skills such as myself. The songs still have that timeless, classic feel. One of the greatest albums of all-time reinterpreted by one of the original composers fifty years later. That alone is an amazing thing... Hell, I would love to see him take a shot at "Wish You Were Here," (which has long been my favorite Pink Floyd album,) and "Animals."

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #128,376 of 136,066
Just curious - What is that cover from? The 'Join Hands' album cover has a picture of statues of WWI soldiers on a white background on it, and there's not a song by that name on it.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #128,377 of 136,066
1696779200509.png

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I really love that album cover, with the square dimensions.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #128,378 of 136,066
Just curious - What is that cover from? The 'Join Hands' album cover has a picture of statues of WWI soldiers on a white background on it, and there's not a song by that name on it.
Nicely explained in Wikipedia search "Siouxsie and the banshess Join Hands cover." There are several WWI references in the album...I see your point with the "Darkside Redux" cover. I like it!

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #128,379 of 136,066
Hi, its the 2015 RSD pressing with the original rejected (by the record company) cover artwork and the addition of the track Infantry.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #128,380 of 136,066
Don't know what to make of it really. Works ok in some places. Us and Them is a nice take (but its such a godly song it would probably work in any format)
Still only on the first full run through, but I agree about 'Us and Them'. It's a pretty decent unplugged (sort of) version and not bad.

Hey Glen, I certainly concur with your evaluation. The recent review at "Paste" was fairly brutal. I had the same listening experience as you. I listened to it for a short time, and finished it when I had more time to concentrate. It definitely grows on you. I REALLY like the recent redux of "Comfortably Numb," and Waters' "Lockdown Sessions." I could have lived with a bit less spoken word on "The Dark Side Of The Moon Redux," and a bit more instrumental interlude. It will never replace the original, but it is an interesting take. To be fair, in a recent interview, Waters expressed as much. Many of the stripped down acoustic riffs are fairly easy to figure out by a wanna be guitar player with modest skills such as myself. The songs still have that timeless, classic feel. One of the greatest albums of all-time reinterpreted by one of the original composers fifty years later. That alone is an amazing thing... Hell, I would love to see him take a shot at "Wish You Were Here," (which has long been my favorite Pink Floyd album,) and "Animals."
I could see Animals being reimagined in this vein, but my brain hurts when I think of 'Wish You Were Here' (the album, anyway) in this style, especially 'Welcome to the Machine'.

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I really love that album cover, with the square dimensions.
Yes, the album art is quite striking, to say the least. :relaxed:

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #128,381 of 136,066
Hadouk Trio, Baldamore :
http://www.didiermalherbe.com/baldamf.html
It seems to be out of stock everywhere, or very expensive, but I found a cheap CD box set of 4 CD, new and sealed, on ebay, for those who like this style.
There's really a great sound with a Sony MDR CD 3000 !!! Track 5 ("Hijaz") is awsome !!!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #128,383 of 136,066

Users who are viewing this thread

Back