What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 12, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #125,776 of 136,228
1689049244326.png
Wax Fang - La La Land

A sight for sore eyes
To the blind would be awful majestic
It would be the most beautiful thing
That they ever had seen!!

Sorry, that song is REALLY popular down here....

Jul 12, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #125,777 of 136,228
IMG_20230713_081537.jpg

IMG_20230713_081619.jpg

IMG_20230713_081652.jpg

Jul 12, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #125,778 of 136,228
Wanted to post this last night , but my phone wouldn’t work at the show. Got to see some live music for the first time in a long time. Ziggy Marley opened up for Tedeschi Trucks Band.
They should change their name to the Tedeschi Trucks Experience, to say I was blown away is an understatement.
And Ziggy was awesome as well. So much great live music in one night!
JUL 11 2023

Tedeschi Trucks Band Setlist

at Constellation Brands – Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center, Canandaigua, NY, USA

Tour: Summer Tour 2023

Setlist

Now onto some more music.
IMG_0086.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #125,779 of 136,228
1689212801708.png

The Verve - Urban Hymns

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #125,780 of 136,228
A sight for sore eyes
To the blind would be awful majestic
It would be the most beautiful thing
That they ever had seen!!

Sorry, that song is REALLY popular down here....
My favorite sight for sore eyes lyrics by Tom Waits...

Hey sight for sore eyes, it's a long time no see
Working hard hardly working, hey man you know me
Water under the bridge, did you see my new car??
Well it's bought and it's paid for, parked outside of the bar

And hey barkeep what's keeping you?? Keep pouring drinks
For all these palookas, hey you know what I thinks??
That we toast to the old days and DiMaggio too
And old Drysdale and Mantle Whitey Ford and to you

Jul 12, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #125,781 of 136,228
The same jazz fans in my college dorm who turned me on to 'Bitch's Brew' also turned me on to 'Crossings', which remains the only non-Miles jazz in my collection. I need to get that on vinyl....
lol, that's much like myself - in our audio circle of young servicemen, we had two reel to reels and everyone of us bought some vinyl and networked outside of our circle borrowing, sharing on loan mostly early rock - then the brothers would want to record some of ours having overhearing our listening sessions and started to excitedly share their favorites influenced by their uncles and parents listening's, telling/teaching us the history of jazz greats as well as the latest evolutions on up to date to Motown production(s) sounds. I was already a Chicago, B.S & T fan of horns, so jazz was an enlightenment which I gravitated to naturally - great fun!
Guys were always quietly plugged in by headphones jamming out day and nights.
Very soft partying, as a group were all much more interested in the music though, I cannot tell a lie, Sometimes on weekends, big 3 way Pioneer Speakers would be placed in open windows and we would party out on the summers grass. Playing as D.J.'s for the entire Battalion .
But yeah, both "Mwandishi" and "Crossings" were very well produced with space between instruments and notes with blackness of dead air between - hyper Avant-Guard unlike anything else before it was just so remarkably lush and cool improvised expressions.
We were both getting a musical education about that same time (1972) :wink:

Happy listening's

Jul 13, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #125,782 of 136,228
lol, that's much like myself - in our audio circle of young servicemen, we had two reel to reels and everyone of us bought some vinyl and networked outside of our circle borrowing, sharing on loan mostly early rock - then the brothers would want to record some of ours having overhearing our listening sessions and started to excitedly share their favorites influenced by their uncles and parents listening's, telling/teaching us the history of jazz greats as well as the latest evolutions on up to date to Motown production(s) sounds. I was already a Chicago, B.S & T fan of horns, so jazz was an enlightenment which I gravitated to naturally - great fun!
Guys were always quietly plugged in by headphones jamming out day and nights.
Very soft partying, as a group were all much more interested in the music though, I cannot tell a lie, Sometimes on weekends, big 3 way Pioneer Speakers would be placed in open windows and we would party out on the summers grass. Playing as D.J.'s for the entire Battalion .
But yeah, both "Mwandishi" and "Crossings" were very well produced with space between instruments and notes with blackness of dead air between - hyper Avant-Guard unlike anything else before it was just so remarkably lush and cool improvised expressions.
We were both getting a musical education about that same time (1972) :wink:

Happy listening's
I was getting an edumacation in a lot of things in 1972 while I was at college, most of it not in the classrooms.... But yeah, I was a fan of those horn based bands too. Lighthouse was a really good one if I recall correctly, and they had a super guitarist whose name escapes me at present and I'm too lazy to look it up.... :smile:

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #125,788 of 136,228

Jul 13, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #125,790 of 136,228
Wanted to post this last night , but my phone wouldn’t work at the show. Got to see some live music for the first time in a long time. Ziggy Marley opened up for Tedeschi Trucks Band.
They should change their name to the Tedeschi Trucks Experience, to say I was blown away is an understatement.
And Ziggy was awesome as well. So much great live music in one night!
JUL 11 2023

Tedeschi Trucks Band Setlist

at Constellation Brands – Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center, Canandaigua, NY, USA

Tour: Summer Tour 2023

Setlist

Now onto some more music.
IMG_0086.jpeg
Congrats.
This sounds like a great night out! Something about live music just sooth's the soul.
What great musicians you witnessed. :)

To stay on topic.

ACUAN.jpg
MZMBNW.jpg
16/44 Flac > KTE Holo Spring L3 > GEL3N > LCD-4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back