What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 26, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #123,287 of 137,010

Apr 26, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #123,291 of 137,010
Steven did a remix of 'A Passion Play'?? I didn't realize that. I don't know why so many people disliked that album, especially ones who loved 'Thick As A Brick' - to me, it was just a natural continuation, and I would have been fine if all Tull albums had been like those two. But as it was, I still love 'A Passion Play' as much as 'Thick As a Brick', and even got to see them perform both when they were released.

Yea, my first listen to the remix version. Like all of them, it sounds great (haven't yet directly compared it to my original press CD though).

I like APP, but it doesn't grab me like TaaB. In fact, I didn't even hear it until my late 20's I think, partly because I'm mostly of the era where the only way you could even know about some albums was word of mouth, seeing it in a friend's (or parent's!) collection, or if you saw the CDs on store shelves. APP just wasn't a ubiquitous album like TaaB or Aqualung, and I think the consensus of "Tull Heads" was it was good, but not essential for more causal Tull fans. So I passed it by well into the 2000s when I started trying to buy and listen to every (or almost every) album by every band/group/artist that had at least one album (or even a few songs) I liked.

Case in point below: with this "one hit wonder" group it took me until my mid 30's until I heard all the main albums I wanted to (before that I actually only had heard their mega hit "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" of course). As with so many other mostly dismissed groups, there's more here than just the hit(s). My favorite album is "Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know", though I've still only listened to each album in full a handful of times (one more time of each now)!

DoASBB.jpg

DoAY.jpg

DoAMDADTK.jpg

DoAN.jpg

DoAFTF.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #123,292 of 137,010

Apr 26, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #123,297 of 137,010
Keep it coming man. I didn't think anyone but me knew of Cock Robin. Kinda' syrupy music but their first two albums are very well recorded, and I played the heck out of 'em. The ladies loved them. Another similar but little known band along those sames lines was The Tarney Spencer Band. Check them out.

Stan
68 and still rockin. HARD!

Yea, my first listen to the remix version. Like all of them, it sounds great (haven't yet directly compared it to my original press CD though).

I like APP, but it doesn't grab me like TaaB. In fact, I didn't even hear it until my late 20's I think, partly because I'm mostly of the era where the only way you could even know about some albums was word of mouth, seeing it in a friend's (or parent's!) collection, or if you saw the CDs on store shelves. APP just wasn't a ubiquitous album like TaaB or Aqualung, and I think the consensus of "Tull Heads" was it was good, but not essential for more causal Tull fans. So I passed it by well into the 2000s when I started trying to buy and listen to every (or almost every) album by every band/group/artist that had at least one album (or even a few songs) I liked.

Case in point below: with this "one hit wonder" group it took me until my mid 30's until I heard all the main albums I wanted to (before that I actually only had heard their mega hit "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" of course). As with so many other mostly dismissed groups, there's more here than just the hit(s). My favorite album is "Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to Know", though I've still only listened to each album in full a handful of times (one more time of each now)!

DoASBB.jpg

DoAY.jpg

DoAMDADTK.jpg

DoAN.jpg

DoAFTF.jpg
Good explanation about JT, thanks. I will check out those DOA albums, because all I really know from them is 'You Spin Me Round', which I always liked.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back