What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #118,804 of 137,178
Oh man, you're spinning up some great stuff!

Well thanks; much of the material you've posted (at least what I've seen: I have trouble keeping up with this thread!) I find to be great choices too! :thumbsup:

I've been more focused on jazz/classical lately than rock/pop/metal, as though I started to seriously listen to these genres at the same time I did rock/pop/metal, they are seemingly endless in comparison, and being mostly instrumental make better choices for the more "background music" I require when working or reading, which is when I do most of my listening.

So, last post until we get back from our travels in early January.

Started off today with a nice, long, morning hike in the woods...in -2 degree weather (mini-rant: I think the windchill was -20, but I never paid much attention to that: most of my body is covered with wind-proof or wind-resistant material when I go out, or even camp/backpack, in that cold of weather, so what do I care about windchill?...and it's hyped to be so dangerous that your face will freeze off within half an hour; whatever, I was out there for 2+ hours with nothing covering my face--save a zip up fleece collar that doesn't even reach my nose--and I was just fine...at most I periodically rubbed my gloves on my face to warm it up...anyway lol)...with this playing through my MEST IEMs:

HASaR.jpg

Just perfect for frigid, invigorating weather and again I'm ashamed this was my first listen to this composer. I mostly agree with AMG's effusive summation of these works. When I was home, I finished up the 5 cd set on my main speaker setup; sounded even more fantastic (as expected).

Then to really warm up, I queued up this largely "cookin'" jazz release to listen to in front of the fire:

StMTJFCaSTTS.jpg

Followed by some random 80's smooth jazz release I hadn't listened to yet:

DMG.jpg

Now listening to some vocal jazz:

TCVORR.jpg

And to end with, a now classic performance of The Nutcracker of which I've had the same 2 CD set from when I was a small child:

SLSOTNC.jpg

Happy Winter Holidays to all who celebrate! :snowflake::snowman:🎄

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #118,805 of 137,178
1671846407934.png

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #118,808 of 137,178
8.550836.jpg

Dec 24, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #118,813 of 137,178

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #118,815 of 137,178

Users who are viewing this thread

Back