What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #84,406 of 136,349
Gojira - The Link - (2003) - This recording has great production and musicianship with drumming/percussion in particular standing out. Heavy use of guitar chords and fills but not really any melodic solos. I really like the improvisational feel as with prog in general. The growly vocals in combination with the french accented lyrical delivery makes it difficult to understand. However, I find that music like this is not about singing along with a chorus but experiencing the album as a whole. I imagine seeing these guys live would be a lot of fun and I conjured up constant mental mosh pits. This was my first listen to Gojira and I will have to delve a bit deeper into the discography.

220px-Gojira_the_link.jpg

MP3 (320 Kbps) > DFR > Loki > Magni 3 > Oppo PM3

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking the Fallen (2003) - This was my first listen to Waking the Fallen. I found the vocals surprisingly clean for a metalcore band, a genre often (derisively) labelled as "screamo". The guitar playing and song structure is pretty similar to the power metal bands that comprised the NWOBHM in the 80's. Certainly the production has come up a notch since then and it feels more modern but the roots are there. I grew up listening to Maiden and Priest and the guitar harmonies and solos those bands lived and died by are echoed here to nice effect.

478e09392598cc508785e7ab91d1962e

Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll (2003) Heard this band mentioned in a youtube video and I was completely unaware of them. By the third song on this album it was easily my favorite of what I have listened to today. This simply rubbed the three bones in my ears the right way. Symphonic Death / Power / Thrash metal , I don't know what to call it but I like it. I am a fan of Epica and Nightwish and this is very reminiscent musically although lyrically it is not as dreamy.

R-396505-1129535588.jpeg.jpg

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #84,410 of 136,349
Listening to Eloy Ocean my favorite Album from my junior year in High school .
One of the most underated Albums ever imho
Such a great band indeed

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #84,411 of 136,349
Eagles - On the Border.jpg
My favorite Eagles album, by a wide margin.

Eagles - Hotel California.jpg
OK, this one is pretty good, too. Joe Walsh joined the band, love his influence.

Gram Parsons - Gp_Grievous Angel.jpg
With Emmylou Harris. This is a combination of Gram's only two studio albums.
An amazing talent ... taken at age 26 by drugs. So much potential, sadly wasted.
The music is a combination of genres.
HD800 ---> :)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #84,414 of 136,349
71rJNNw9OVL._SL1200_.jpg

Just peeled the shrink wrap off Marcus Millers new double LP. Pretty divserse but still has a lot of that classic Marcus Miller bass.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #84,415 of 136,349

Users who are viewing this thread

Back