What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 29, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #73,621 of 136,183
fl8YbSU
Leon Live
http://imgur.com/fl8YbSU

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #73,624 of 136,183
61ZySA8aa-L.jpg

I was much saddened by the news of Gregg Allman's death when I read about it this past Sunday morning. The Allman Brothers were part of my coming of age in my late teens and into my twenties. The Fillmore East album was part of the shrine of "sacred" albums in my collection along with Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, All things must pass, Ram & Beggars Banquet. Time marches on and the precious people & friends, places, memories, musical icons, family members, moments, disappear gradually & reminds us how ephemeral the period of our youth & it's precious time of excitement & discovering really was. God bless you Gregg Allman & thanks for your legacy. You were part of that special time of my life. This was his last studio album, recorded in 2011, produced by T Bone Burnett (apparently there's a new one coming out post mortem) & it is very, very good. Man, this guy could sing. R.I.P.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #73,628 of 136,183
nowplaying.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #73,629 of 136,183

I was much saddened by the news of Gregg Allman's death when I read about it this past Sunday morning. The Allman Brothers were part of my coming of age in my late teens and into my twenties. The Fillmore East album was part of the shrine of "sacred" albums in my collection along with Sgt Pepper, Abbey Road, All things must pass, Ram & Beggars Banquet. Time marches on and the precious people & friends, places, memories, musical icons, family members, moments, disappear gradually & reminds us how ephemeral the period of our youth & it's precious time of excitement & discovering really was. God bless you Gregg Allman & thanks for your legacy. You were part of that special time of my life. This was his last studio album, recorded in 2011, produced by T Bone Burnett (apparently there's a new one coming out post mortem) & it is very, very good. Man, this guy could sing. R.I.P.

Hey, well said...so true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back