What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 27, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #68,557 of 136,320
It makes me happy to find other Joe Henry fans anywhere.

OK...RHCP~The Getaway.

Right now I gave the CHILIS a second chance with The Getaway and I'm glad I did. (after the STADIUM ARCADIUM fiasco I skipped the following release)
And I've been collecting them since the mid to late 80's.
Sure, it's missing the brilliance of Fruscante (sp?) but I think this release proves there can be life after John.

I just learned that it was produced by some RADIOHEAD folks which explain all the beautiful mixing and tones.
This release isn't as hard as others which I first thought was a negative until a few more listens.
This is easily their most beautiful, accessible record and I can only see them gaining more fans.
The last 3 songs are simply amazing.
And that's not to say it sounds like a watered down version of the band diluted for the airwaves.
I think ARCADIUM STADIUM was that release.

If this is just a place to list music and not discuss...please let me know where this post should be.

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #68,558 of 136,320

OK...RHCP~The Getaway.

Right now I gave the CHILIS a second chance with The Getaway and I'm glad I did. (after the STADIUM ARCADIUM fiasco I skipped the following release)
Sure, it's missing the brilliance of Fruscante (sp?) but I think this release proves there can be life after John.

I just learned that it was produced by some RADIOHEAD folks which explain all the beautiful mixing and tones.
This release isn't as hard as others which I first thought was a negative until a few more listens.
This is easily their most beautiful, accessible record and I can only see them gaining more fans.
And that's not to say it sounds like a watered down version of the band diluted for the airwaves.

If this is just a place to list music and not discuss...please let me know where this post should be.

You can start a new thread regarding the new release if you like. No big deal. But yeah, this thread has rules...

I am now listening to the RHCP album so thanks for that.

EDIT: So I listened to the Getaway for the first time. It is not bad. In comparison to Stadium Arcadium, well I've never been able to finish that whole album and I have only tried a few times so you can guess how much I care for it. Californication and By The Way I still really like to this day and are easily my fave RHCP albums, because the other ones I'm just not that big of a fan except maybe Blood Sugar Sex Magic because of the hits. I visit Californication and By The Way atleast once a year. TOP100 albums for me probably. But my music knowledge is very limited. I own only maybe 7-800 albums (all mostly carefully researched for critiques before purchase), and the rest is what's available via Apple Music (surprisingly less than I thought but still more than I could ever hear).

I am going to try listening to as much RHCP as I can stands before tapping out. Probably will only last 2albums. You know which two.

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #68,562 of 136,320

OK...RHCP~The Getaway.

You can start a new thread regarding the new release if you like. No big deal. But yeah, this thread has rules...

I am now listening to the RHCP album so thanks for that.

EDIT: So I listened to the Getaway for the first time. It is not bad. In comparison to Stadium Arcadium, well I've never been able to finish that whole album and I have only tried a few times so you can guess how much I care for it. Californication and By The Way I still really like to this day and are easily my fave RHCP albums, because the other ones I'm just not that big of a fan except maybe Blood Sugar Sex Magic because of the hits. I visit Californication and By The Way atleast once a year. TOP100 albums for me probably. But my music knowledge is very limited. I own only maybe 7-800 albums (all mostly carefully researched for critiques before purchase), and the rest is what's available via Apple Music (surprisingly less than I thought but still more than I could ever hear).

I am going to try listening to as much RHCP as I can stands before tapping out. Probably will only last 2albums. You know which two.

I would say By The Way and Californication is their best as well.

I couldn't find in the rules where it said we couldn't discuss the music.
I'm more interested in others opinions over just a list so maybe a moderator could start a review thread if I missed finding it. :)

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #68,563 of 136,320

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #68,564 of 136,320

Hard to believe it's almost 15 years old this album.. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back