What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 17, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #63,151 of 137,776

I just went through it for the first time and while it's way better than Ultraviolence, it still doesn't come anywhere close to what's in her unreleased collection.  This still has too many slow, boring songs that she thinks people will take seriously.  If almost all of your lyrics are meaningless and goofy (not at all a bad thing) you might as well make it up beat and enjoyable to listen to... Otherwise I'd just go to Hooverphonic and not have to deal with hilarious choruses etc..  

I will say that a lot of the slow "boring" stuff is much more bearable on this than on Ultraviolence.  Hopefully it will grow on me.

Sep 17, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #63,154 of 137,776

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #63,155 of 137,776
The-Threshingfloor-cover.jpg

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #63,156 of 137,776

Epic prog-metal-space-rock (or something like that) - Motorpsycho's monumental 'The Wheel' from the Timothy's Monster LP (1994)

(Just put on side 3 of the 2LP set - looking forward to side 4, wrapping up the album with 'The Golden Core', guest vocals by Anneli Drecker of Bel Canto fame.)

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #63,159 of 137,776
  I just went through it for the first time and while it's way better than Ultraviolence, it still doesn't come anywhere close to what's in her unreleased collection.  This still has too many slow, boring songs that she thinks people will take seriously.  If almost all of your lyrics are meaningless and goofy (not at all a bad thing) you might as well make it up beat and enjoyable to listen to... Otherwise I'd just go to Hooverphonic and not have to deal with hilarious choruses etc..  

I will say that a lot of the slow "boring" stuff is much more bearable on this than on Ultraviolence.  Hopefully it will grow on me.

As hard as I try I just can't seem to get that into her music. I've listened to 3 or 4 albums but it's a no go for me.

Sep 17, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #63,160 of 137,776
  What is your opinion of After It All? Even though it's been out quite awhile now, I haven't formed a full opinion of it yet.

A pretty good album. I get a Grace Slick vibe from the female vocal on a few tracks.

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #63,161 of 137,776
If you have never heard them before, This is the album I'd recommend that you start with. All their stuff is good, much of it is truly Great. This is right up at the top of their creative powers. Prairie Rose is one of the greatest Avant Garde Rock songs every made. Manzanera is Amazing on guitar!

I second that emotion - 'Stardust' is one of the most wonderful albums I own.

Based on your post I checked out this album, Stardust by Willie Nelson, Wow! I have since purchased and enjoyed it twice today. Thank you

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #63,163 of 137,776
If you have never heard them before, This is the album I'd recommend that you start with. All their stuff is good, much of it is truly Great. This is right up at the top of their creative powers. Prairie Rose is one of the greatest Avant Garde Rock songs every made. Manzanera is Amazing on guitar!

Hot cover! I will definitely check it out on Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back