What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #60,796 of 136,058
Mahler Symphony #4, Michael Tilson Thomas conducting the San Francisco Symphony, Laura Claycomb (Soprano). Recorded at Davies Symphony Hall.
I heard the same live a few weeks ago! With a different singer

May 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #60,798 of 136,058

51sOHMgnrXL._SX425_.jpg

Good call, me too now! :)

May 25, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #60,809 of 136,058

The Sunlandic Twins - Of Montreal
Picked this CD up on a bit of a whim. Had a surprise visit to the CD store and saw this one. I'd heard of this band before and was actually looking for Hissing Fauna, but this was all they had so I bought it. Honestly didn't really know what to expect, but I knew they were Elephant Six so I figured they couldn't be all that bad.Ripped it to FLAC and listened to it. I love it. It's like psychedelic pop, similar to other Elephant Six bands such as the Olivia Tremor Control. I really like it though, very cool album. I'll have to pick up some of their other stuff,
It also came with a surprise bonus EP as a second disc. Very pleasant surprise as I enjoy that very much as well.

First track off the album. Give it a shot if you're interested.

Siamese Dream (Remastered) - The Smashing Pumpkins
Got this one at the CD store yesterday too. Didn't see this one on Amazon for some reason and I only have the original master CD so I got this. Remaster is very nicely done, I like it.

m b v - My Bloody Valentine (24 bit, 96k hz. My only ""high res"" album)
Already posted about this one, but I'm going to post about it again. This album is pretty good. Not quite on the same level as Loveless (obviously), but I really like it because there's a lot of emotion in it for me. Just like when I first listened to this and stuff was an emotional time for me. Yeah this record is okay, but I really love it. Love how thick and textured the guitars are. Very disappointed in the CD case/packaging. Super cheap and thin cardboard, minuscule booklet (two pages, all it is is like two pictures of a big studio mixer with a filter on it. Lame) when there could've been a lot of liner notes about the production, stories, when what songs where recorded, etc. Nothing. Kinda lame for the first album in 22 years...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back