What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #59,506 of 136,280

Mar 29, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #59,507 of 136,280
  No sir. I haven't picked up the MFSL of either yet. One of those I'm apprehensive about. MoP DCC is really good though. I'd like to compare the two eventually.

that's what I've heard. I should pick it up.

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #59,509 of 136,280

Exit Planet Dust - The Chemical Brothers

I don't exactly recall and specific album that made me feel like this one is right now (guess it would have to be In Rainbows, Kid A and OK Computer), only halfway through "Life Is Sweet"; the ninth track, and I can already say it's one of my favorite albums of all-time. I've always wanted to get into these guys, I'm glad I finally did.

Can't wait to listen to Dig Your Own Hole. :p :)

Mar 30, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #59,510 of 136,280
Exit Planet Dust - The Chemical Brothers

I hardly listen to this since I got it used a while back so maybe it will be next. Usually its hard for me to like a whole Chemical Brothers album but I can easily listen to We Are The Night. It took me a long time to get into them too. Dig Your Own Hole has some amazing tunes, The Private Psychedelic Reel is such a trip!

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #59,511 of 136,280
The song in my collection I've got playing right now is...

The pop tune "If You Are Here" by 2PM. This group is from South Korea, and the song is in Japanese.

Mar 30, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #59,512 of 136,280

Blues with a proper horn section can never be a bad thing. This album could've been the inspiration for Duck Dunn's line in the Blues Brothers movie about having a band that could turn goat piss into gasoline.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #59,515 of 136,280

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #59,516 of 136,280
eminem-show.jpg

Mar 30, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #59,519 of 136,280

This has been on my wishlist ever since Ms. Hahn was only commissioning the pieces. How do you like it? Apart from her collaboration on Silfra with Hauschka and her Higdon/Tchaikovsky disc (her Sibelius isn't bad either) I've never been her biggest fan despite the fact that I own nearly a dozen of her albums. Her personality is phenomenal though and the reason I follow her career and wish her all the best.

Streaming this on Bandcamp. I need to place an order for the CD and some other lovely 12k releases in the near future.

Marsen Jules - The Endless Change of Colour
https://12kmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-endless-change-of-colour

In our, boxed, on-demand world where accessibility and recallability rule we can often forget the importance of the unpredictable or the joy of true discovery. Our lives are increasingly shaped by systems and patterns; downloaded, linked, and stored, that help us live, tell us when to go outside and what we will find when we get there. The mystery of our every day slowly seeps out of our lives like photograph bled of its color by the sun. There are fewer questions and too many answers. 

The Endless Change Of Colour exists somewhere between our future and the mistakes and accidents we’ve made along the way. It is a celebration of both the system and the unexpected. Marsen Jules’ latest work is a generative music piece upon a single phrase of an old jazz record split into three audio streams. These streams are transformed into loops which break the original instrumentation down into sound resembling pure waves, harmonics and overtones.These loops play to different time signatures to create phasing patterns that continuously move and dance around each other in a constantly-evolving lattice of sound. Despite it being based on a very strict and limited set of rules the music could, in theory, be endless and ever-changing. 

Here, the listener’s discovery is a quiet and engaged one. Ripples and pulses set within a field of color that sometimes feels like water, sometimes like air and sometimes like glass. Electronic tones hum with warmth and the softness of slumber. The patterns are there, familiar to our modern ears, but they’re not always what they seem. The wandering mind steers this one along more than the generative grid on which it was based and The Endless Change Of Colour becomes exactly as its title suggests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back