What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 3, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #54,799 of 136,877
I don't understand why people hate on this album so much. I find it rather enjoyable, and environmentally soothing.

Me neither - I wasn't even aware that people do hate it. I totally love it. I love its sound and mellow tone. For me this is the best Beck album so far. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #54,804 of 136,877
I don't understand why people hate on this album so much. I find it rather enjoyable, and environmentally soothing.

A lot of people are still stuck in the mindset of what Beck was a decade or two ago, and think that a traditional singer-songwriter album from him is an intentional attempt to remain relevant rather than a genuine expression of creativity. Those people tend to ignore how he's developed as an artist since his last radio hits from Guero.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #54,805 of 136,877
A lot of people are still stuck in the mindset of what Beck was a decade or two ago, and think that a traditional singer-songwriter album from him is an intentional attempt to remain relevant rather than a genuine expression of creativity. Those people tend to ignore how he's developed as an artist since his last radio hits from Guero.

Very correct.

Sep 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #54,806 of 136,877
Peter White - "Glow" and Benedetti & Svoboda since I noticed Philo50 listening to that and I was intrigued. Very nice. Adding to my library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back