What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 5, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #53,386 of 136,247

I was actually considering ordering no. 0005 today, believe it or not. Still trying to decide what else I want to include in the order, although I have several names in mind.

Quote:
I think I'll have to include their album in my Amazon Japan order today just for the novelty of it.
Aaand order placed
smily_headphones1.gif
:

From top to bottom:
Various artists - 0005:a galaxy odyssey
Shōji Meguro - Catherine Original Soundtrack
Shōji Meguro - Persona 3 Original Soundtrack [2CD]
Wagakki Band - Vocalo Zanmai [CD+Blu-ray]
Various artists - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Original Soundtrack

It's the Japanese-Western fusion that I find riveting about this group. I know, I've seen some commentary on YouTube that labels their music as "too busy", confusing, etc. Yeah, there is a lot going on, but as you say, these are covers of vocaloid tunes, and I suppose there is a lot going on in those too. Personally, I enjoy the human touch to these songs. It helps that the lead singer is hot
biggrin.gif

Yeah I would agree with the people who think the production is a bit messy and all over the place. The arrangements feels a bit so-so, but they have their moments. Honestly the singer's singing style and voice don't appeal to me at all and I really don't like the drumming. But I do get that it is part of the visual kei movement to be pretty over the top in all aspects. I think I would enjoy these renditions more if the wagakki aspect was even more prominent, but I do get that they are trying to be as commercial as possible and appealing to a certain target audience, and I still do look forward to exploring the track list once the CD arrives hopefully next week.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #53,387 of 136,247
Robert SchumannPiano Quartet in E-flat major, Op. 47
The Florestan Trio w/ Thomas Riebl, viola

Robert SchumannPiano Trio in D minor, Op. 63
The Florestan Trio

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #53,392 of 136,247
5wq3k02gwquv.jpg

Tom Kennedy - Acoustic Bass; Dave Weckl - Drums; Mike Stern - Guitar; Lee Ritenour - Guitar; Renee Rosnes - Piano; George Garzone - Tenor Saxophone; Tim Hagans - Trumpet; John Allred - Trombone; Steve Wirts - Tenor Saxophone

10532da408856943ea2f9041fe6ce474.jpg

Terry Harris Jr. - piano
Alan Harris - bass
Kevin Hayden - drums

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #53,398 of 136,247
Jul 6, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #53,400 of 136,247
Bronski_Beat_-_The_Age_of_Consent_Album_Cover.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back