What Are You Listening To Right Now?
May 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #52,636 of 136,320
I've been on a Joe Henderson kick. I really like his sound. Just got this one:

Mode For Joe  (1966ish) is the third session under his name released as part of the RVG remaster series, and part of his well loved 60's Blue Note releases.

He's working here w/ a seven-piece band -- including like Lee Morgan, Curtis Fuller, Bobby Hutcherson, Ron Carter and Joe Chambers. The pianist is Cedar Walton. I have the first first in the series, Page One which is a classic, and Inner Urge. This might be my least favorite of the three-bigger ensemble and less intimate-but it's still really good and I'm glad I own it.
413Y6E1177L.jpg

71-5%2BTecnhL._SL1241_.jpg

Quite enjoy this experimental drone release from guitarist Tim Hecker -2014-Virgins

81YPjnJkPyL._SL1000_.jpg

Like many others here, I often jump from jazz-to indie to classic rock to folk to metal......my bread and butter.

something of a shape shift here, but this is terrific Death-Doom -w/ a lot of artistry and skill. Bereft-Leichenhaus. Released in 2012. This is actually a side project from some Death Metal speed freaks-something of a DM super group who decided to release a doom album-one of my favorite metal styles-who slow it down....quite a different style for the unitiated.

Think a heavier Sabbath slowed down to the point of molasses with growled vocals that are bowel shaking.  I've seen it billed as melodic sludge doom-whatever-it's heavy, dark, slow and quite beautiful in its own depressive way. A lot of bluesy guitar lines that are really tasteful and a departure from the "sever the jugular" style of DM-but very heavy in a sludgy-doomy way. Can you tell I like it
wink_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #52,643 of 136,320
Just picked this up on vinyl today.

May 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #52,645 of 136,320

Yeeeeeep!

May 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #52,649 of 136,320

Users who are viewing this thread

Back