What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #51,633 of 136,129

music critic Michael G. Nastos wrote of the album: "A duet recording between pianist Bill Evans and guitarist Jim Hall is one that should retain high expectations to match melodic and harmonic intimacies with brilliant spontaneous musicianship. Where this recording delivers that supposition is in the details and intricacy with which Evans and Hall work, guided by simple framings of standard songs made into personal statements that include no small amounts of innovation... At only 32 and a half minutes, it's disappointing there are no bonus tracks and/or additional material for a CD-length reissue, but Intermodulation still remains a precious set of music from these two great modern jazz musicians

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #51,634 of 136,129
  WOWZA! I just sat down to a very late lunch (busy day) and played this vid. I literally stopped chewing beyond the 2 minute mark so I wouldn't make any noise 
tongue_smile.gif
 they brought it and set it down, baby!

Yes the band are amazing, Herlin Riley did most of the drums on the record with some tracks by Lawrence Leathers (the drummer in the video) who is one to watch out for. The album from start to finish is just perfect for me, literally every song on there is whopper - no filler at all! Here is another brilliant track (but unfortunately not on the album) ¬

I emailed her website to find out if there is a studio version of this track but they have not got back to me yet. Hopefully it will be on an upcoming album - fingers crossed. I can only imagine what it would sound like on those Shindo's. 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #51,636 of 136,129
  Yes the band are amazing, Herlin Riley did most of the drums on the record with some tracks by Lawrence Leathers (the drummer in the video) who is one to watch out for. The album from start to finish is just perfect for me, literally every song on there is whopper - no filler at all! Here is another brilliant track (but unfortunately not on the album) ¬

Same thing here! One of the reasons why I love this thread - what a great find for me. Logging into Amazon now...

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #51,638 of 136,129
It's time to document some new purchases! There's a little in here for everyone, from soft folk to ska-punk to artsy jam rock. I got all these in the mail today:

House With No Home by Horse Feathers

Meek Warrior by Akron/Family

Everything Goes Numb by Streetlight Manifesto

Foxy Shazam by Foxy Shazam

Small Steps, Heavy Hooves by Dear and the Headlights

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #51,639 of 136,129

I emailed her website to find out if there is a studio version of this track but they have not got back to me yet. Hopefully it will be on an upcoming album - fingers crossed. I can only imagine what it would sound like on those Shindo's. 
wink.gif

With your help, we're about to find out! 
yes.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #51,642 of 136,129
Johannes BrahmsPiano Trio No. 3 in C minor, Op. 101
Trio Wanderer

Luigi BoccheriniString Quintet in E-flat major, Op. 25 no. 2
La Magnifica Comunità

Johann Christoph Friedrich BachSonata for flute and fortepiano no. 5 in A majorSonata for flute, cello and fortepiano in D major
Marcello Gatti, transverse flute
Giovanni Togni, fortepiano
Giovanna Barbati, cello

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #51,644 of 136,129

1976 Elektra/Asylum/Nonesuch Records pressing

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #51,645 of 136,129
This is one of those rare instances where inspired, soulful song writing is forged in-studio into an impeccably crafted work of sonic art;
Dhafer Youssef, his recent album Birds Requiem.
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ePPncJKUoGo[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back