What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #49,400 of 136,319

Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Christophe Beck ---- Frozen: original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition)
     I don't know why the hell I got this album. I never liked the songs (I mean the ones with the lyrics), but I loved how it was composed. Beautiful composition work done here, despite me cringing as I listened to Idina Menzel. And by cringing, I meant that in a bad way, like weird chills up my spine (is Elsa mad at me for not liking the album? 
biggrin.gif
), even though they are unbelievably catchy.
     Listening to "Let It Go" for the third time in a row, I noticed instantly the lack of body in Menzel's voice. Call me critical, but that's just my opinion. Her voice was powerful, I have to admit, but it didn't have enough power to really call it a "powerhouse" vocal as some reviewers have stated it. And by power, I meant the kind of power that you could actually feel when listening to, say, Whitney Houston or Adele (what?
tongue.gif
). Still, it was a song that I turned out to like, and the chills didn't bother me anyway. 

The rest of the album...I didn't get to listen to yet. I only got this days ago.

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #49,401 of 136,319

GENESIS

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

[Original Recording Reissued,

Original Recording Remastered]

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #49,402 of 136,319
Christer LindwallWhite Nights, for alto guitar and ensemble
Stefan Östersjö, alto guitar
Ensemble Ars Nova/Harald Eikass 

György LigetiRequiem for soprano and mezzo-soprano solo, mixed chorus and orchestra (1963/65)
Carolyn Stein, soprano
Margriet van Reisen, mezzo-soprano
London Voices, Berliner Philharmoniker/Jonathan Nott

Joseph HaydnString Quartet in E major, Op. 54 no. 3 
Salomon Quartet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back