What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Apr 22, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #135,827 of 136,222
Tom Petty - You Wreck Me

Beck - Turn Away

Dire Straits - Water of Love

The Cars - Shake It Up

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - So You Want to Be a Rock N Roll Star (live)

DJ Shadow - Six Days

Bob Dylan - Visions of Johanna

The Cure - In-Between Days

The Beatles - And Your Bird Can Sing

Los Lobos - Good Morning Aztlan

Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #135,828 of 136,222
It must be getting early Clocks are running late
Paint by numbers morning sky Looks so phony
A1QVoQ3AQOL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Now, new and improved, (1987/2006)
remastered by Rhino and extended
( Hurry hurry - hear the freaks, see the fat ladies )

I've liked that single ever since I was a little kid, even though the lyrics didn't apply for quite awhile. Now, well, now I'm starting to get them. :smile:

Once in a while I focus on a specific year in the entire collection (all meticulously tagged), or by genre, or a phase of an artist chronologically but then again sooner or later it's back to shuffle mode, track or album wise: genre, artist, year, or global ... whatever ... always good for a surprise. Dang, I'd need years to listen my way through the entire collection and I'm still buying more stuff almost daily (just bagged a 50 CD collection today on eBay, looking forward to an extended ripping session 🤪

Yea, I get it. Music is one thing I particularly am obsessive about. I lost count (I have yet to systematically sort, order, and group my entire collection...much less all the albums I have flying in here all the time) when my collection hit 10,000 albums...about 5 years ago. :grimacing: (I tell myself that's not so bad as I know people with 2 to 3 times that amount).

Generally I only focus on a particular artist/group when I'm listening to much of the material for the first time, or at least first couple of times. Then I like to go through much of the output at once to track the musical/artistic development. That helps me get into/grasp the music better. And it's just fun!

But, yea, I can't just listen to one artist/group exclusively, even for a few days (well, maybe Rush lol). I've got to have variety, especially when I get that "need to hear that now!" or "need to shift genres" urge. So I listen to other albums from other groups/artists even when I'm focusing on one group/artist. (See below lol).

Nice selections! :thumbsup:

ESL.jpg

^ This "hi res" version to compare with (again) my first press CD.

ready-an-willing-61cd114d50fb2.jpg

Folder.jpg

Folder (2).jpg

Folder (3).jpg

Apr 22, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #135,829 of 136,222

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #135,838 of 136,222

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #135,839 of 136,222
I distinctly remember turning up the parents console stereo / TV playing BS&T with it's fine radio tuner - they, capturing my imagination in what must have been November 1968 - these are the types of recordings being the signposts of ones life that have the highest emotional impact upon my relistening while never sounding better with our gear of today 🥲 (I'm not, I was cutting onions, allright)

I'll leave this here as a gateway to BS&T live stage show ca. 1968 (Wookie looking freaks, if you ask me...lol)

Attachments

• 61k-0htkclL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    61k-0htkclL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #135,840 of 136,222
Incredible :

Best pianist alive, with Hamelin, alone ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back