What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #134,926 of 135,998
Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.png
Not bad ... kinda kicks ass.

Cockney Mick. On bass is the producer: Andrew Watt.

Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder.

Rolling Stones - Live at the Wiltern.png

The songs on this album are a bit obscure in their catalog. I like that.

New studio album with Steve Jordan on drums (except two tracks with Charley
Watts) and a just released live performance from 2002. HD800 ~~~~~~~~> :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #134,928 of 135,998
Yes, thank you. They take me back to a kinder, gentler time, with affordable great concerts.
Thank you, Mister Mudd! I'm not sure the gigs themselves were kinder and gentler, though; even Genesis could be a bit rough!
1711725795912.jpeg

Mar 29, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #134,929 of 135,998
I should be getting my deluxe box set with CD's, vinyl, live shows, etc either today or tomorrow; Amazon just shipped it yesterday... I love this era of DP, but for all these decades, I've owned none of their stuff on vinyl or CD... And one of the remixes is by Dweezil Zappa; is he gonna challenge Steven Wilson as a Master Remixer?

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #134,930 of 135,998
What scanner are you using? I used, when I was shooting film, a Nikon Coolscan 4000ED scanner. I still have it, but it's packed away since going digital some years ago.
I just shot 35mm, so I have a Nikon Coolscan LS-50/V-ED that I bought when it was new. Nikon built these to last - Still works like a champ after scanning I don't know how many rolls of film; I did send it in to a fellow who is an expert on these to have it serviced, cleaned, etc, for the new scans I'm now working on; this will be a months-long project. The old Nikon scanner software hasn't been supported in decades and won't run on modern computers, so the choices now are VueScan and SilverFast. Just done a bunch in VueScan but I'm not totally happy with it, so I'm going to start giving SilverFast a try...

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #134,933 of 135,998
Just found a new crush today: No Money Kids out of France. Sounds like a bit of Black Keys, Two Feet and a few other bands. I just bought Old City Blues (two versions of the single), Broken Bones (single) and their last album Factory (Deluxe Edition) from 2022. Their website has some videos to give you an idea of what they're about:
https://www.nomoneykids.com/#cover

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #134,934 of 135,998
Just found a new crush today: No Money kids out of France. Sounds like Black Keys and a few other bands. I just bought Old City Blues (new versions of a single), Broken Bones (single) and their last album Factory (Deluxe Edition) from 2022. Their website has some videos to give you an idea of what they're about:
https://www.nomoneykids.com/#cover
Heavy sounds Shane!👍

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #134,937 of 135,998
I just shot 35mm, so I have a Nikon Coolscan LS-50/V-ED that I bought when it was new. Nikon built these to last - Still works like a champ after scanning I don't know how many rolls of film; I did send it in to a fellow who is an expert on these to have it serviced, cleaned, etc, for the new scans I'm now working on; this will be a months-long project. The old Nikon scanner software hasn't been supported in decades and won't run on modern computers, so the choices now are VueScan and SilverFast. Just done a bunch in VueScan but I'm not totally happy with it, so I'm going to start giving SilverFast a try...
As a PC geek, I actually wrote a "how-to" to get those Nikon Scanners working under Windows 7. However, the tutorial mainly focused on the 4000, 5000, 8000, and 9000 series scanners. The tutorial also worked on Win 8 & 10. It also doesn't/didn't require the use of VueScan (of which I still have a lifetime license), or Silverfast.

Today, I've no use for said scanner as all my film shots I needed have long been scanned. It's all about digital now.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #134,938 of 135,998
I should be getting my deluxe box set with CD's, vinyl, live shows, etc either today or tomorrow; Amazon just shipped it yesterday... I love this era of DP, but for all these decades, I've owned none of their stuff on vinyl or CD... And one of the remixes is by Dweezil Zappa; is he gonna challenge Steven Wilson as a Master Remixer?

I really like what they've done with the "Machine Head" remixes. I compared passages of the remixes with the original remasters and the stage and layout of the instruments and vocals are very different, sounds "current" in a good way.

I remember having the same feeling with "Marillion - Clutching At Straws " 2018 Remix. And Fugazi 2021.

The Beatles remixes are awesome too but more subtle, they just fix the hard pannings and other aspects (housekeeping).

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #134,940 of 135,998
As a PC geek, I actually wrote a "how-to" to get those Nikon Scanners working under Windows 7. However, the tutorial mainly focused on the 4000, 5000, 8000, and 9000 series scanners. The tutorial also worked on Win 8 & 10. It also doesn't/didn't require the use of VueScan (of which I still have a lifetime license), or Silverfast.

Today, I've no use for said scanner as all my film shots I needed have long been scanned. It's all about digital now.

I really like what they've done with the "Machine Head" remixes. I compared passages of the remixes with the original remasters and the stage and layout of the instruments and vocals are very different, sounds "current" in a good way.

I remember having the same feeling with "Marillion - Clutching At Straws " 2018 Remix. And Fugazi 2021.

The Beatles remixes are awesome too but more subtle, they just fix the hard pannings and other aspects (housekeeping).
I just got it a few minutes ago, in fact - the LP is now going through a pre-play wash in my DeGritter before giving it a listen later....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back