What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 27, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #128,011 of 136,616
Hope you're OK there @finbad ...
Great music line-up right there - and, don't forget Pretzel Logic. One of SD's best albums, IMO.

For today: Frank and the gang experiment with jazz-rock fusion, kind of.

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats.png
Frank Zappa - Burnt Weenie Sandwich.png
Frank Zappa - Waka:Jawaka.png
Frank Zappa - The Grand Wazoo.png
From 1969 - 1974, quite a time-period for Zappa and the Mothers of Invention.
HD800 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :)
Zappa - loved that not so old Wazoo!!!

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #128,012 of 136,616
Zenyatta-Mondatta-Police.jpg The Police.Synchronicity.jpg
Ghost In The Machine.The Police.jpg

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #128,013 of 136,616
My favorite one was 'Futurama', though I liked them all....

Just finished the last two; my favorite is Drastic Plastic. No real surprise as it coheres with my tastes more.

Interesting group overall. Looking forward to Nelson's solo output.

BBD4.jpg

BBDL.jpg

GWMM.jpg

^ Even though Washington is largely regulated to the dreaded smooth jazz category (I like a lot of smooth jazz and am not at all ashamed of that ftr), this is a fine jazz/soul-jazz album that any "more serious/real" jazz musician would be proud of creating. Even All Music Guide likes it.

FHRC.jpg

^ Even though Freddie's early to mid 60's work is phenomenal, it's more classic (though still innovative) jazz whereas his early 70's work is more experimental jazz/soul jazz/jazz funk which is my favorite type of jazz. Thus, this is the first of several favorites of his output. Highly recommended if you like this sub genre of jazz.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #128,016 of 136,616
Can, Caravan and PFM? Sounds like a triple-like, could have perfectly well been my own pos

Just finished the last two; my favorite is Drastic Plastic. No real surprise as it coheres with my tastes more.

Interesting group overall. Looking forward to Nelson's solo output.

BBD4.jpg

BBDL.jpg

GWMM.jpg
^ Even though Washington is largely regulated to the dreaded smooth jazz category (I like a lot of smooth jazz and am not at all ashamed of that ftr), this is a fine jazz/soul-jazz album that any "more serious/real" jazz musician would be proud of creating. Even All Music Guide likes it.

FHRC.jpg
^ Even though Freddie's early to mid 60's work is phenomenal, it's more classic (though still innovative) jazz whereas his early 70's work is more experimental jazz/soul jazz/jazz funk which is my favorite type of jazz. Thus, this is the first of several favorites of his output. Highly recommended if you like this sub genre of jazz.
I can recommend Bill Nelson's Red Noise 'Sound On Sound' album - it is excellent....

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #128,018 of 136,616
Strike up the band-

ExciteableBoyCover-e1610449441184.jpg

When I first started buying Cds they usually included a leaflet advertising other albums, and this was often one of them. I always wondered what sort of music 'Warren Zevon' played. Years later I heard Werewolves of London on the radio and laughed when the announcer said afterward who it was.

Sep 27, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #128,019 of 136,616
Aww crap, sorry - It's early, I'm old, I'm an imperfect human see, would you believe electrical glitch caused by super sunspot activity - yeah, I'm going with it's not my fault, like a jerk :relaxed:lol

Edit: Aww crap, my listening Lazyboy swivel recliner (fitted with booster cushions) just fell over backwards, legs in the air, remotes, ipad & phone flying, saying to self, "nothings broken, I'm O.K., rolling over, everything fine" :ok_hand::grin:
Nice safe hobby, they said - Dangerous, I tells ya!
- Gonna just be one of those days. lol

udcd515-large__68640.jpg

Strike up the band-

51GHYPtYH0L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Albumism_RoxyMusic_Avalon_MainImage_16x9.jpg
Thanks for more forgotten memories - Warren Zevon👍👍👍

Sep 27, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #128,020 of 136,616
Pink Floyd - Meddle
1695848279976.png

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #128,022 of 136,616
Aww crap, sorry - It's early, I'm old, I'm an imperfect human see, would you believe electrical glitch caused by super sunspot activity - yeah, I'm going with it's not my fault, like a jerk :relaxed:lol

Edit: Aww crap, my listening Lazyboy swivel recliner (fitted with booster cushions) just fell over backwards, legs in the air, remotes, ipad & phone flying, saying to self, "nothings broken, I'm O.K., rolling over, everything fine" :ok_hand::grin:
Nice safe hobby, they said - Dangerous, I tells ya!
- Gonna just be one of those days. lol

udcd515-large__68640.jpg

Strike up the band-

51GHYPtYH0L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Albumism_RoxyMusic_Avalon_MainImage_16x9.jpg
As another recliner head-fier, it’s happened to me more than once… Occupational risk… Had to search for glasses with uncorrected vision - always a treat 😳🤯🤣 Hope nothing bodily got tweaked!

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #128,023 of 136,616
As another recliner head-fier, it’s happened to me more than once… Occupational risk… Had to search for glasses with uncorrected vision - always a treat 😳🤯🤣 Hope nothing bodily got tweaked!
Thanx, guys for the sincere concerns.
Had the heat pad on the back and neck last night and felt much better today before the wicked spill.
Just a little tightness in both areas from pushing and twisting to get up off the floor is all, the usual, 800mg of ibuprofen per 6hrs and handy microwaveable heat pad, and heavy doses of aural beautification and a midday nap 😴
And back at it like a champ, (no chump) although that commercial went through my mind while laughing at myself, “I’ve fallen and can’t get up, while listening to music”…😏😄🎶🎶🎶

The seat booster, so as to align ear with tweeters, throws off the chairs center of balance while reclining 😋🙄🎶🎶🎶
Hey, be careful out there! Lol

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #128,024 of 136,616
Pink Floyd - Meddle
1695848279976.png
I just got that new 'Meddle Reimagined' album, with all kinds of great and interesting musos covering the songs on 'Meddle'. 'Seamus' has Terry Reid and Brian Auger, of all people. Dweezil Zappa plays guitar on 'Echoes'. Very nicely done all around, though not that different from the originals. Awesome album cover...

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #128,025 of 136,616
New toy arrived today - a gently-used Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge. So now I guess it's time to start buying vinyl again...

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2474.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back