What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 7, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #124,726 of 136,358
Jun 7, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #124,728 of 136,358
B746E3B0-47D9-41C6-85C6-D0EDF8A05F09.gif

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #124,730 of 136,358

- steal ya face right offa ya head , he's gone

nothin' left to do but, smile, smile, smile :relaxed:

=======================================================================

I do so love the keyboard's in the music's I cherish, solo, four hands, trios and organ (having played myself), be it grand piano as a percussive instrument, B-3 or Moog synth in combination and as so many groups in throughout classical, jazz, soul, rock history.
Bret Mydland (above) as an important member in a group, as well as the ballad singer's I favor (tell me a story) types, Billy Joel.
81nIAMSRSJL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #124,732 of 136,358
I feel compelled to make this post, because it was my post yesterday that ignited the firestorm and even caused a Head-Fier to leave this thread. I hope you come back, @musicrocks. Life is too short, man.

So here goes, numbered for your easy reply if so desired. If you do reply, please then edit your post with your daily music. After all, it's the rule. One post per day.

1. I always multitask while listening to music. Learn more about the band, the albums, and etc. to add to my post. The idea is to discover more and share it with you. But, that means that I don't listen as closely to the music as I could have, missing out. So starting today, I will modify my posting to be less wordy (yeah sure, you think).

2. Like it or not, drugs and music are intertwined. All of us can name at least one musician whose work was influenced. Maybe even died at an early age because of it. Sadly, learning about music means learning about the influence of drugs on the musicians. While we shouldn't necessarily highlight that here (looking at myself), nevertheless we are aware of it. A journey through the history of jazz isn't complete without learning about Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Bill Evans, just like a journey through rock isn't complete without John Lennon and Kurt Cobain.

3. As diverse as this group is, we all have one thing in common - we show up here almost every day to post our music and to learn about other new music. In that way, we are, in a way, bonded together. Bonded by music, our hobby. Not all addictions are physical or chemical; Head-Fi in itself can be addicting, Just ask my wife. I learn from you folks every day, and thanks for that ... the diversity of the music posted here is increasing. I would like to see more of @taffy2207. :)

Sincerely,
Richard Bailey
RCBinTN

For today: the 40th Anniversary edition, released in 2014 @ 24/192.
NGDB - Circle 40th Anniversary.png
The vocalist is Jimmy Martin ... his line "Pick the banjo solid" is directed at John McEuan.

This is Doc Watson. The "live in studio" production is clearly evident. Doc was blind since age two.

The guitarist & vocalist here is Merle Travis, one of the biggest stars back in the day.

Traditional song. The first verse is sung by Mother Maybelle Carter.

Edit (again) ... had lagniappe time, so a little Sam Bush. One of my favorite albums.

HD800 = :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #124,733 of 136,358
I think I'm going bald!?!?! Yea, crazy lyrics, but I love it.

Yes, that track was so... IDK. But before it, there was the majestic Bastille Day. Indeed, have to love it. Anyway, they seemed to break their own rules and sing about sex on The Necromancer.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #124,734 of 136,358
I feel compelled to make this post, because it was my post yesterday that ignited the firestorm and even caused a Head-Fier to leave this thread. I hope you come back, @musicrocks. Life is too short, man.

So here goes, numbered for your easy reply if so desired. If you do reply, please then edit your post with your daily music. After all, it's the rule. One post per day.

1. I always multitask while listening to music. Learn more about the band, the albums, and etc. to add to my post. The idea is to discover more and share it with you. But, that means that I don't listen as closely to the music as I could have, missing out. So starting today, I will modify my posting to be less wordy (yeah sure, you think).

2. Like it or not, drugs and music are intertwined. All of us can name at least one musician whose work was influenced. Maybe even died at an early age because of it. Sadly, learning about music means learning about the influence of drugs on the musicians. While we shouldn't necessarily highlight that here (looking at myself), nevertheless we are aware of it. A journey through the history of jazz isn't complete without learning about Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Bill Evans, just like a journey through rock isn't complete without John Lennon and Kurt Cobain.

3. As diverse as this group is, we all have one thing in common - we show up here almost every day to post our music and to learn about other new music. In that way, we are, in a way, bonded together. Bonded by music, our hobby. Not all addictions are physical or chemical; Head-Fi in itself can be addicting, Just ask my wife. I learn from you folks every day, and thanks for that ... the diversity of the music posted here is increasing. I would like to see more of @taffy2207. :)

Sincerely,
Richard Bailey
RCBinTN

Wow, I just felt like I had to reply something else to your post but I do not want to tarnish it in any way, shape or form. Good job.

Jun 7, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #124,735 of 136,358

Sincerely,
Richard Bailey
RCBinTN
So here's my take....I'm a recovering alcoholic (imagine that, a musician addicted to a drug LOL). I've been sober for almost 9 years now. My philosophy...the whole world ain't gonna quit drinking just because I did, so deal with it. And I do.

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #124,737 of 136,358

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #124,739 of 136,358
1000039859.jpg

1000039862.jpg

1000039860.jpg

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #124,740 of 136,358
I’m in it for the fun of the hobby and the love of music. Not for abuse and drug infestation. I won’t be missed in this thread – maybe by a handful of people. So long.

Unfortunately much of the music we love wouldn't have been made without the musicians abusing themselves. It's not about condoning drug use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back