What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 5, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #101,372 of 136,050
A 2013 ZZ Top compilation 'The Complete Studio Albums 1970-1990'

1612529536553.png

I really like ZZ Top and have a few of their albums but recently found this superb collection on Qobuz.
I spent many hours' happy listening last night.:beyersmile:
They all sound great.
Loads of old favourites, including the simple, but brilliant, guitar solo on 'Rough Boy'.
ZZ Top - Rough Boy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #101,378 of 136,050

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #101,379 of 136,050
Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 16.19.40.png

Nicolas Jaar - Telahumo

The whole Telas album is just ridiculously beautiful.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #101,381 of 136,050
A 2013 ZZ Top compilation 'The Complete Studio Albums 1970-1990'

1612529536553.png
I really like ZZ Top and have a few of their albums but recently found this superb collection on Qobuz.
I spent many hours' happy listening last night.:beyersmile:
They all sound great.
Loads of old favourites, including the simple, but brilliant, guitar solo on 'Rough Boy'.
ZZ Top - Rough Boy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

As I was sitting here looking at your post, it opened up the memory floodgates.
Back in the late 70's through the mid 80's, my best friend and I went to a lot of concerts. We decided to go see ZZ Top on the El Loco tour around 1982.
My mother asked if she could go and after talking to my friends (3 of us went), we decided that she could go since I was the kid with the cool parents apparently.

Anyway, we went to the show and once we left, my mom said to me, "I didn't realize their lyrics were so nasty". She always enjoyed the beat but never really listened to the words I guess. Of course it was pretty obvious that Mom had a contact high (non-smoker) since she first wanted to go up into Reunion Tower (Dallas,TX) which features a glass elevator. All of us shot her down on that one but took her up on the "let's go to iHop" idea. Good times and good memories.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #101,383 of 136,050
As I was sitting here looking at your post, it opened up the memory floodgates.
Back in the late 70's through the mid 80's, my best friend and I went to a lot of concerts. We decided to go see ZZ Top on the El Loco tour around 1982.
My mother asked if she could go and after talking to my friends (3 of us went), we decided that she could go since I was the kid with the cool parents apparently.

Anyway, we went to the show and once we left, my mom said to me, "I didn't realize their lyrics were so nasty". She always enjoyed the beat but never really listened to the words I guess. Of course it was pretty obvious that Mom had a contact high (non-smoker) since she first wanted to go up into Reunion Tower (Dallas,TX) which features a glass elevator. All of us shot her down on that one but took her up on the "let's go to iHop" idea. Good times and good memories.

Thanks for sharing your memories @cdf294
I saw ZZ Top once, in London, around the time of Eliminator, so probably about '84.
They were brilliant!
Until about 10 years ago, I used to regularly see an English band called The Hamsters play local venues. Their set was half ZZ Top and half Hendrix.
They retired a few years ago, but for many years they were one of the best live bands playing small venues in the UK.
Their website is long gone, but here's some old information about this great trio who were always fantastic entertainment:
The Hamsters (feenstra.co.uk)
As with you, good times and good memories.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #101,385 of 136,050
It is such a classic recording!

Isn't it also wonderful how the Juilliard Quartet members radiate those rings from their heads in that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back