What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #83,986 of 136,171
R-8369789-1460283226-6139.jpeg.jpg

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #83,988 of 136,171
Yes it is, I have gotten most Steven Wilson's remasters of Yes and Jethro Tull

Ah, good.
I also have the Tull, and this particular YES remaster that S.Wilson worked on.

It i was YES, or Pink FLoyd, or Queen, or any of these groups that have really good albums, and i wanted a "notable" person to work on the remaster, i think i would let Alan Parsons remaster them for me.
Well, to be precise...
I would have a few do it, and then choose the Master that i feel is the best.
I'd go with Sterling Sound, and have Greg Calbi do it, as he is very familiar with '70s bands .
He did the recent remaster of SuperTramp's "Breakfast in America"
Id contact Bob Clearmountain.
And of course, Bob Ludwig.
But, i really think that Alan Parsons is the most overlooked Talent, regarding that group.
He's special.
The reason we Love "Dark Side Of The Moon", is because Alan created the sound of this album.
Pink gets the credit, but its Alan's sound.
If you listen to Alan's best music, like "I Robot", you can hear the same sound that he used to create Pink's sound that everyone loves.

Dec 17, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #83,991 of 136,171
Ah, good.
I also have the Tull, and this particular YES remaster that S.Wilson worked on.

It i was YES, or Pink FLoyd, or Queen, or any of these groups that have really good albums, and i wanted a "notable" person to work on the remaster, i think i would let Alan Parsons remaster them for me.
Well, to be precise...
I would have a few do it, and then choose the Master that i feel is the best.
I'd go with Sterling Sound, and have Greg Calbi do it, as he is very familiar with '70s bands .
He did the recent remaster of SuperTramp's "Breakfast in America"
Id contact Bob Clearmountain.
And of course, Bob Ludwig.
But, i really think that Alan Parsons is the most overlooked Talent, regarding that group.
He's special.
The reason we Love "Dark Side Of The Moon", is because Alan created the sound of this album.
Pink gets the credit, but its Alan's sound.
If you listen to Alan's best music, like "I Robot", you can hear the same sound that he used to create Pink's sound that everyone loves.

I have never heard an Alan Parsons Project album, that sounded bad......I Robot, Turn Of A Friendly Card are killer!

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #83,994 of 136,171
I have never heard an Alan Parsons Project album, that sounded bad......I Robot, Turn Of A Friendly Card are killer!

-
Alan is a bit of a lost treasure, these days..
So, i was thinking of posting something new for everyone, but, instead i think i'll post 3 songs Alan greatly helped create, and one by The Alan P. Project .
This last song by The APP contains the very first electric guitar solo i ever learned.
What a sweet memory...
What a talent he is..
And then there is this other guy....
Amazing

This first song that Alan helped create..
The solo section has 3 solos in it......3 different instruments......flawlessly seemed...
Who does this ?????????????
AMAZING. = Alan Parsons
And the second song.....Alan keeps building the layers, keeps building the layers, and its nearly at the middle of the song before he brings the drum kit in....... POW...
This is such total Mastery of song craft, ... such a Alan Parson's understanding of how to build a song to effect the listener..to take them higher, higher, higher, then released them emotionally.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-

-
-