What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #72,346 of 136,303
Just finished listening to the Westworld Season 1 soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi. Amazing variation between strings, old honkey tonk pianos and subtle electronic elements.

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #72,352 of 136,303
I discovered this Norwegian band recently, even though they've been around over 15 years. They're bluesy, with a bit of Southern rock sound despite their Nordic origin.

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://orango.bandcamp.com/album/the-mules-of-nana" href="http://orango.bandcamp.com/album/the-mules-of-nana">The Mules Of Nana by Orango</a>

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #72,353 of 136,303

Well-produced live music + Victor Wooten!

Was (almost) going thru Joe withdrawal - NOT!
GMB - BHA-1 - Wywires Platinum - HD800

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #72,355 of 136,303
51sq%2BxJ0TUL._SS500.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #72,357 of 136,303

An unknown treasure.  This guy can really & I mean really play guitar.  He also plays other instruments just as good.  
Born in South Bend, Indiana, Michael is the son of English professors whose love of music and poetry inspired them to take their nine year old son to the great jazz, blues and folk clubs in their adopted home of Montreal. 
By the age of fourteen, Michael Jerome Browne was already a regular on the folk and blues scene adding banjo, fiddle, and mandolin to his masterful command of all variety of guitars and harmonica. Fourteen years as lead singer and guitarist with Montreal blues outfit The Stephen Barry Band, and backing up many legendary artists (including Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame inductee Vann "Piano Man" Walls), honed his vocal and electric guitar skills and established him as a master of a wide range of American Roots music styles.  This Canadian is considered as one of the finest players in the acoustic blues.

www.thecountryblues.com/artist-reviews/michael-jerome-brown/

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #72,359 of 136,303
Adding my two cents in, I would hardly call a Wagner opera (especially one from the ring cycle) unorthodox. Wagner heavily influenced all composers who even considered writing operas through the 1940s.

(edit) And the "Tristan" chord, diminished 7th, was so over used ever since that opera in every classical work that Schoenberg called it a w**re which must be killed for music to move forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back