What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #54,317 of 136,027
Some female vocals ¬ 4 of my favorite albums of late! 

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #54,320 of 136,027
Today I visited my local Hi-Fi dealer; ended up discovering they had received the GoldenEar Triton 1 speakers and also discovered they had a copy of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon on MOFI Vinyl. We ended up giving it a spin on the Pro-Ject Xtension 12 with the EMT TSD15 cartridge. Everything else was Leben powered. This master sounded so delicious, and the speakers showed the album no mercy whatsoever. The greatest thing about the Triton series is that they have built in subwoofers which make them a true 2.0 set that is all anyone could ever need. It is perhaps my greatest selling point for them over anything else, especially for the money. I loved this system, and definitely loved Pink Floyd. If you can get your hands a fine copy of this album (MOFI edition), I'd recommend it for sure!

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #54,324 of 136,027

I too, have "Horowitz At Home"...@ home. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #54,325 of 136,027
My poor two-cent comment is: best to listen to Mr. Horowitz, preferably, before his first retirement in the early 1950s in order to fully comprehend the NUCLEAR force of his playing. Few post-1960s concerts and recordings give only hints of what he demonstrated in those early live and studio recordings. All the DG things, except the video from Moscow (and that only as a sentimental keepsake) are skeletons of his artistry. He, unlike Rubinstein, did not venture into old age with comfort.

Aug 14, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #54,327 of 136,027

Miyuki - Signs of Future: Aftersound
https://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/signs-of-future-aftersound

A follow-up EP within mere two weeks? The girl is on a roll.

Free as always for everyone to enjoy.

Symbion Project - Immortal Game
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/immortal-game-10th-anniversary-vinyl

Day of happy emails continues. Just got word that my copy of the strictly limited edition 10th anniversary Immortal Game vinyl is finally shipping tomorrow. I also received a link to the official vinyl rip complete with needle drops and pickups at the beginning and end of each side. I'm now giving it a listen while I wait for the real thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back