What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jul 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #53,432 of 136,772
  Congrats! I have it as well and it is indeed great. I might just have to consider popping it into my CD player next! I love Babuchan's music who made that particular song and I have everything he/she has released on iTunes.

I was actually considering ordering no. 0005 today, believe it or not. Still trying to decide what else I want to include in the order, although I have several names in mind. The album crossfade sounds really promising to anyone who has enjoyed any of the previous releases in the series. Some of the most bizarre yet wonderful music out there.

Sorry for late reply. Yea, thanks! I love this album thus far and can't wait for it to get here. I wouldn't hesitate a second upon listening it directly from the source. ; - ) I need to find and perhaps even obtain more of Babuchan's work. I love that particular track the most!

I saw in a recent post that you ordered it. Have you received 0005 yet? How do you like it, if so?

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #53,435 of 136,772

I'm a big fan of Dolphy's but I wasn't aware of the existence of this record. Turns out it is as one would suspect, an archival release – like a large part of Dolphy's discography. I, like many, was shocked to see Herbie Hancock's name on the cover. As many a jazz fan would expect, seems popular opinion is that the styles of the two don't really complement one another. Still, most people also seem to agree that this is a record well worth hearing like nearly any Eric Dolphy record, and that the 20-minute rendition of Softly as in a Morning Sunrise contained here is essential listening. I must try to seek out this record at some point.

Sorry for late reply. Yea, thanks! I love this album thus far and can't wait for it to get here. I wouldn't hesitate a second upon listening it directly from the source. ; - ) I need to find and perhaps even obtain more of Babuchan's work. I love that particular track the most!

I saw in a recent post that you ordered it. Have you received 0005 yet? How do you like it, if so?

That's quite alright. If you want to check out more of Babuchan's work, he/she actually has an official YouTube channel you can find here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Babu0w0chan/videos

Haven't received 0005 yet, but I had to provide my personal information for customs declaration today so I expect to receive the package in a day or two. Very much looking forward to it. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Currently listening to:

Moonsorrow - Verisäkeet

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #53,438 of 136,772

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #53,440 of 136,772
Felix MendelssohnString Quartet No. 3 in D major, Op. 49 no. 1 and String Quartet No. 4 in E minor, Op. 49 no. 2
Eroica Quartet

Robert SchumannPiano Trio No. 2 in F major, Op. 80
The Florestan Trio

Felix MendelssohnPiano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 49
The Florestan Trio

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #53,445 of 136,772
what a gem of an album. sounds fantastic 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back