What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Feb 22, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #50,341 of 136,149
Paddy, Atlanta Rhythm Section is a great rock/blues band. This record has been sitting in the basement for 25 years! I lasted it before putting it in a box and going digital. Great record. They have such a sweet groove to their music. What is really cool is after so long it is absolutely clean. No pops are skips. The Scout 1.1 is grooving on it tonight!

Feb 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #50,342 of 136,149
  Paddy, Atlanta Rhythm Section is a great rock/blues band. This record has been sitting in the basement for 25 years! I lasted it before putting it in a box and going digital. Great record. They have such a sweet groove to their music. What is really cool is after so long it is absolutely clean. No pops are skips. The Scout 1.1 is grooving on it tonight!

sweet, Another group that im looking forward to hearing. A friend just got a new clear audio turntable so im looking forward to hearing that. We have steely dans "Gaucho" and "Aja" planed for the start of the listening session. "Gaucho" really grew on me in the last few months.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #50,343 of 136,149

sweet, Another group that im looking forward to hearing. A friend just got a new clear audio turntable so im looking forward to hearing that. We have steely dans "Gaucho" and "Aja" planed for the start of the listening session. "Gaucho" really grew on me in the last few months.

I am a big "Gaucho" fan. I am re-discovering my 400 LP's that have been languishing for over 20 years!

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #50,344 of 136,149
Anyone remember the movie "FM"? Saw it in the theatre and had the soundtrack - anyway - some classic Steely Dan tonight!

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #50,345 of 136,149
  Anyone remember the movie "FM"? Saw it in the theatre and had the soundtrack - anyway - some classic Steely Dan tonight!

I loved FM...I really love that album!

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #50,346 of 136,149
I've been buying and listening to a lot of jazz...mostly classic stuff.

NTL, I just picked up the new Pat Metheny Unity Group release-KIN that cam out his month. i'm seeing him in March. Beautiful music. His music transcends the jazz genre IMO. Conjures up mellow urban night time landscapes for me.

1968 classic piano jazz trio

3 disc set-just starting to spend time with this piano trio masterpiece. Wow!

Another beautiful jazz classic. The first to feature Coltrane's famous line up of pianist McCoy Tyner and drummer Elvin Jones and the first release on which he played soprano saxophone. Coltrane doing standards like no one else.

homage to Duke Ellington from '86 featuring Branford Marsalis among others.

box set of his 1925-29 essential early recordings...

Clifford Brown & Max Roach Quintet 1955-stunning

These Max Roach discs are from a super cheap box set 8 classic albums remastered on 4 CD's...This is part of a series of classic jazz artists. I've just ordered the same series for Thelonius Monk and Chet Baker. This came out in 2o13. Good way to get a lot of music for a newcomer like me. I enjoy 50's and 60's jazz, but I'm just getting into the genre. I'm impressed with this release-the music is phenomenal. Very economical way to get a lot of classic jazz:

Feb 23, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #50,350 of 136,149
I just (3 days ago) bought the whole download of the new album from Sound Liaison, After Silence with an incredible trumpet player:
Andre Heuvelman. Never heard of him before, but man that man can play.
Typical Sound Liaison sound, deep black background, with that vivid spotlight on the various instruments, highly recommended.

and I saw now on the site that they give away free tracks from the'' After Silence'' and the equally impressive ''Thousand Shades of Blue'' from Carmen Gomes. 

http://www.soundliaison.com/all-our-products/88-free-tracks

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #50,354 of 136,149
Listening to:

on this:

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #50,355 of 136,149

ARS is a great Southern Rock group! They have a number of songs that were radio hits. Good stuff.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back