What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 31, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #48,857 of 136,607

Pantha Du Prince "Black Noise"  -  Mesmerizing techno beats. Complex and layered ambient noise- bells, haunting synth. Minimalist techno with a beat. Excellent album. 

Pantha Du Prince & The Bell Laboratory - "Elements of Light"  - I have also had there more recent album in the rotation a lot lately. Great building beats,again and oh the bells!  Among the many other instruments featured in this album is the Bell Carillon - composed of 50 bronze bells. Great stuff. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #48,864 of 136,607
Alexander ZemlinskyString Quartet No. 4, 'Suite', Op. 25 (1936)
Escher String Quartet

Elliott CarterSonata for Violoncello and Piano (1948)
Fred Sherry, cello
Charles Wuorinen, piano

Christopher TyeOmne gentes, plauditePeccavimus cum patribus nostris
Choir of Winchester Cathedral/David Hill

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #48,867 of 136,607

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #48,868 of 136,607

I'm currently watching this per YouTube's suggestion. I've always been interested in seeing this opera just out of curiosity, but I didn't have the chance to just hop on a plane and go watch it in Paris when it was being performed there in late 2013. You can skip to 11:30 if you don't want to wait for ten minutes with the audience for the performance to start, which is what I did – wait I mean – because it feels more authentic that way.

Edit:
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed that. I see that a limited edition CD+DVD box set is available in Japan for a reasonably hefty price. A single CD EU version also exists and I could acquire it for a pretty cheap price online. Both are tempting in their own way, but I think I'm going to go for the more expensive box set since I was planning to place an order on Amazon Japan very soon anyway and this way I will have no regrets that I didn't go for it when I had the chance.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #48,869 of 136,607

First time listen... I'm still on the first song, and all I can say so far is that there is a lot going on here all at once. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back