What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 30, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #48,796 of 136,583

prosterne.gif

Okay, Terry got his props, now get in there.... what LP is on Donald Fagen's "Nightfly" TT?
popcorn.gif

I admit - do not even know where to start looking. 

Donald Fagen belongs to the group of musicians that are not exactly my cup of tea - with the ocassional/possible exception of Aja . I have bits and pieces of Steely Dan  - on various compilations only.

As I see it, this question resulted in its own thread - sorry, do not fell competent to contribute ...

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #48,797 of 136,583

I admit - do not even know where to start looking. 

Donald Fagen belongs to the group of musicians that are not exactly my cup of tea - with the ocassional/possible exception of Aja . I have bits and pieces of Steely Dan  - on various compilations only.

As I see it, this question resulted in its own thread - sorry, do not fell competent to contribute ...

I thought it would be fun holiday trivia. I had wondered here and there, now and again, but after playing the disc last night, I really wanna know now! 
biggrin.gif

Not a fan per se, but do enjoy bits & pieces as you pointed out. And Aja.... oh my! Funny but, with Donald and Walter employing so many of my Jazz cats inside the studio over the years, it was only a matter of time before I had a look and listen.

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #48,800 of 136,583
  It got a bunch of attention from the cross-genre crowd; I think Pitchfork gave it a best-of and Consequence of Sound did an article on it. I listen to a lot of folk, but I honestly heard about it through some of my indie sources instead of through folk websites. I would usually order from Amazon as well, but I had a $25 Target gift card burning a hole in my wallet.

I'm surprised you could get a releases like that from Target. Nice. I heard of them from Pitchfork. I'm probably in that cross genre demographic, but I'm always on the lookout for interesting things to hear.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #48,804 of 136,583

The Best of Kansas

[1984/'99]

Kansas

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #48,808 of 136,583
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell. Classic Dio action.

Rocking my old portable rig for the first time in eons. Cowon D2/Zo/B2. Happy it still holds up so well, just wish having IEM's stuffed in my ears was more comfortable.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #48,809 of 136,583

Kyohei Akagawa - Abendrot / Anbruch

Because it's simply so good. I've lost count how many times I've listened to this EP since it came out this month.

Kyohei Akagawa - Unfadable

I haven't listened to much music today but most of it has been Kyohei. This "older" EP from 2011 released on Particles is particularly good, although my favorite releases of his still remain on Otographic. If this guy ever releases a full artist album it's going to blow my screwing mind. Guaranteed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back