What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Dec 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #48,138 of 136,324

Haven't heard this in ages - brings back so many memories. Abraham Laboriel Jr drummed on that album and he is one of the best around. good choice 
beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #48,139 of 136,324
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWriAwne1EM[/video]

For context: http://freemuse.org/archives/1793
The rap song was dedicated to Mergen, a Mongolian herder who was brutally killed on 10 May 2011 by a Chinese coal hauling truck in Southern Mongolia, or Inner Mongolia, as it is also termed, an autonomous region of China, located in the northern region of the country which shares an international border with the independent country Mongolia.
First posted on a popular discussion website in China, Wang Pan 115.com, the Chinese-language rap song was intended to tell the Chinese authorities what the Mongols think about Mergen’s death, the economic exploitation of the grasslands and Internet censorship.
Immediately after it appeared on the Internet, many Chinese micro blogs and Internet discussion forums quickly disseminated the song. This was picked up within several hours by the Chinese Internet censorship apparatus which removed it from all sites in China.
The links appeared to be live but returned the following message ‘The file cannot be downloaded due to its controversial contents’.

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #48,141 of 136,324
an OST weekend.

"the chronicles of narnia : the lion, the witch and the wardrobe" Harry GREGSON-WILLIAMS
"interview with the vampire : the vampire chronicles" Elliot GOLDENTHAL
"the lord of the rings : the two towers" Howard SHORE
"avalon" Kenji KAWAI

Dec 8, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #48,142 of 136,324
The Good Stuff:

Two of the most expressive voices ever recorded!

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #48,147 of 136,324
Arnold SchönbergVon Heute Auf Morgen Op. 32 (Opera in one act)
Richard Salter, baritone
Claudia Barainsky, soprano
Christine Whittlesey, Soprano
Ryszard Karczykowski, tenor
Annabelle Hahn, spoken vocals
Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra/Michael Gielen

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #48,150 of 136,324
Beginning my annual year end binge. Feel free to recommend!

Streaming a bunch of stuff on "best 2013 lists" deciding what I want to pick up. A mixture of ambient/electronic, post rock, stoner rock, metal and experimental metal:

Kings of Leon-Meh? Kind of on the fence for me
Tim Hecker-Virgins-really like the sound of this (reminds me of Swans Seer). I'll probably pick this up.
Julia Holter-not sure-maybe a little to pop for me
Russian Circles-classy post rock/metal leanings "instrumetal". This one sound like a winner.

Metal:
The Ocean-probably get this one
Earthless-stoner jam band
Agrimona-sounds really good to me..will get this
Windhand-Richmond VA doom-I dig this so far
Ruins of Beverast-DM flavor of the year. I'm pretty fickle in this genre.
Gorguts-this is a technical death metal album everyone is crazy about. I'm not a big tech death fan, tho...
Inquisition-BM
In solitude-not sure if I get the hype
Norma Jean

I have not bee able to listen to Castavet, Twelve Foot Ninja, Shining-all in the alternative/experimental metal genres. Shining sounds pretty interesting-jazz alternative metal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back