Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith

[1993  - Vic Anesinic remaster]

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #47,752 of 136,613

Jethro Tull - Aqualung ... Steven Wilson remix

Jordan Rudess - The Road Home ... Just listened to "Tarkus" and "Just the Same"

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #47,753 of 136,613

"Good News For People Who Love Bad News" - Modest Mouse

Have you listened to the old "Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks" EP? Thoughts?

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #47,754 of 136,613
Quote:
"Good News For People Who Love Bad News" - Modest Mouse

Have you listened to the old "Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks" EP? Thoughts?

I have everything Modest Mouse has done. I was just wondering the other day where the mouse has been. I like everything that they have done. However, somewhat like Radiohead (pre-Kid A/post-Kid A), Modest Mouse , to me, falls into two periods where their sound differs somewhat. There's the pre-"Moon and Antarctica" and post-"Moon And Antarctica" Modest Mouse. I prefer the Post-"Moon And Antarctica" period myself and "Nasty falls into that period. I know several Modest Mouse fans whose tastes run in exactly the opposite direction. In fact, I would venture to guess that most Modest Mouse fans prefer their earlier stuff. Though it comes after "The Moon And Antarctica," I think that "Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks" sounds more like their earlier albums. Their songwriting has alway been good, but their sound has gained a certain maturity over time that I appreciate. The Modest Mouse albums that I go to continuously, and that would be among my desert island discs, would be "The Moon And Antarctica," and "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank." (Although the more I think about it the more I realize how much I like "The Lonesome Crowded West," and "This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About"...I mentioned I like them all didn't I...?) If you're new to and exploring Modest Mouse I would start with their new stuff and work backwards. Those are my thoughts and I'm sticking with them!

Nov 26, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #47,757 of 136,613
  The Modest Mouse albums that I go to continuously, and that would be among my desert island discs, would be "The Moon And Antarctica," and "We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank."

Gradually, I've noticed that we often have similar tastes. I'm not familiar with those two albums, so I am going to give them both a spin based on your input. Remind me, and I'll let you know what I think... 
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #47,760 of 136,613

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2

I'm not used to listen to a hip-hop, but this record is enjoyable even to me. 

+1 just finished this album not long ago. Indeed a very good album! There are curtain tracks which I do not like though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back