What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #47,012 of 136,424
Another smooth jazz artist I discovered on Pandora.

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #47,013 of 136,424

Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Imperial Bedroom (1982)

Arguably Elvis' masterpiece, although I could easily see someone voting for "My Aim Is True" or "Armed Forces." All three are fantastic. 
smile.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #47,019 of 136,424

This album Rocks. The CD mastering is as good as I've heard.  Detail and attention went into this CD, sound effects resonate on a T1.  

I'm not surprised by your take on that one. The thing about Garbage is that they have a producer, Butch Vig, as a member of the band. Butch Vig is of course famous for producing "Nevermind" by Nirvana among countless other records. The guy is regarded as a very sophisticated producer and he has worked on many influential records.

I read an interview once where the Garbage band members were talking about the effort that went into the Garbage album "Version 2.0" The band members were talking about how there was so much hard drive swapping going on during the production that they couldn't keep track. Butch Vig was the mastermind.

Sorry, vinyl fans, but the work of the band Garbage has all been endlessly manipulated in the digital realm by Butch Vig and the other band members.

Everything Garbage has made was completely manipulated in the digital realm, and it all sounds fantastic! 
biggrin.gif

Butch Vig and Garbage are proof of what is possible through digital production. It sounds fantastic. Turntable people need not apply, because even if you get a Garbage record on vinyl, the production was DIGITAL, and it sounds awesome! 
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #47,023 of 136,424
Today's selection from my birthday gifts is an album by Dear and the Headlights. This is a band that I love because they sound like The Killers did early on, with a bit of a punk twist. Their lead singer's voice sounds almost exactly like Brandon Flowers, and their musical style is very similar to what The Killers' on Hot Fuss.

However, they're a little bit more uncontrolled than the Las Vegas megahits that share much of their style; they're not afraid of cracking voices or truly having fun with their music. It's not as taut and overproduced as Day & Age and Battle Born, and that's a good thing.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #47,025 of 136,424

Users who are viewing this thread

Back