What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Sep 8, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #45,242 of 137,792

Awesome binaural effect on this one, the soundstage is wider than anything I've heard before. Unfortunately the music is not my cup of tea.  

ooh! Yay just what my Head phone and amp Review song list needed :3 a Binaural jazz piece :D

Oh I'll be listening to this shortly 

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #45,246 of 137,792
  ooh! Yay just what my Head phone and amp Review song list needed :3 a Binaural jazz piece :D

Oh I'll be listening to this shortly 

I hope you like it. It truly is amazing how the drums sound like they are a coming from meter away from your head, rather than an inch. 

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #45,247 of 137,792
ally Posted by palmfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nice to see Sibelius(my favorite composer) getting some love!

I also listened to Nine Inch Nails this morning and really liked it. Kind of like a marriage of Depeche Mode and Dead Can Dance. Very cool!

I like it as well. It's so different than his early 90's stuff.

My reference point was Pretty Hate Machine and Downward Spiral. I stopped listening to them after those early albums.

Back then, they seemed lumped in with the alternative rock and even metal of the time....thinking of bands like Tool, Ministry, Smashing Pumpkins and even Marylyn Manson whom Reznor worked with.

This is quite a different sound....not surprising given passage of time. But, I was expecting more distorted heavy rock...and was surprised how much was based on dance electronic rhythm's. Of course that was always a critical element to the NIN sound. But, without the youthful angst what you are left with IMO is a power pop oriented electronic album with some rock. People like me who came into the NIN from the punk/metal side of things have to reorient their thinking.

Back in the day as a young hard rocker what got me into those early albums was Axel Rose sporting a NIN t-shirt.

But, yeah-it's a good record.

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #45,249 of 137,792
Trivium - 将軍 (Shogun)​

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #45,251 of 137,792
The+Essential+Alan+Parsons+Project+Essential.png

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #45,253 of 137,792

Tool - Aenema

Back to an old favorite. Don't listen to heavy stuff much these days. Whilst I used to dig it way more than I do now, I have never heard it sound so good. LCD-2 just makes the guitars so meaty, and the drums so tight.

LCD-2s really earning their keep with this one.

Oh yeah, that's the ticket.
Childhood heroes of mine too, some of the few that has standed the test of time.

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #45,254 of 137,792
Freescha 'What's Come Inside Of You'                                              
http://www.discogs.com/Freescha-Whats-Come-Inside-Of-You/release/124592
video for the track 'Smurf Shoe' by Freescha (from the album 'What's Come Inside Of You' 2003 Attack9 Records)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back