What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #40,006 of 136,466
Quote:
There's no easy (and by easy I mean no way without a ton of work) to rip DSD. Chances are your DAC isn't capable of playing those files back anyway. 

That disc is a hybrid so it has a Red Book (16/44.1) layer that will play in regular CDPs and that's the layer your PC will rip as well. 

I tend to buy SACDs when possible even though I have no SACDP anymore due to the fact that the Red Book layers of SACDs tends to be better than most other masters.

Basically, you made a good purchase even if you have no SACD player.

Quote:
A pretty fantastic album in my opinion. I when I got this, I didn't realise it was a SACD. This is the first SACD I've heard before. Does anyone know how to rip it (i.e. SACD quality if that exists), or does it rip just like a standard CD? I don't have a SACD player.

Ah, that's good to know then. Thank you for the explanation!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #40,007 of 136,466
Fourplay X

Time for a little smooth jazz on a Sunday night. I spent a lot of today listening to Black Sabbath, Van Halen and Deep Purple. Now that the day is winding down I figured I needed something a bit more mellow.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #40,008 of 136,466
Quote:
A pretty fantastic album in my opinion. I when I got this, I didn't realise it was a SACD. This is the first SACD I've heard before. Does anyone know how to rip it (i.e. SACD quality if that exists), or does it rip just like a standard CD? I don't have a SACD player.

I want this! ^^^^

Meanwhile, got an early Sony PS3? Can use that to rip the DSD files from the disc to PCM, if you're unable to playback DSD files.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #40,009 of 136,466
Quote:
Quote:

I want this! ^^^^

Meanwhile, got an early Sony PS3? Can use that to rip the DSD files from the disc to PCM, if you're unable to playback DSD files.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/sacd-ripping-using-your-ps3-part-2-a-7495/

No, unfortunately I don't have a PS3, new or old.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #40,010 of 136,466
Only $12 on Amazon.

Quote:

I want this! ^^^^

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #40,011 of 136,466
Today...From last to first.

Bob Marley - Legend (180g)

Testament - Dark Roots of Earth (180g Gold w/ Black Splatter)

The Doors - The Soft Parade (200g Analogue Productions 45rpm)

AC/DC - Back in Black (180g)

Kill Bill Vol. 1 OST

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On (180g MoFi)

Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced (180g Numbered LE)

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle (180g)

I also listened to Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (180g) and The Doors - LA Women (200g Analogue Productions 45rpm) but didn't take pictures of those. Good day. About halfway through I started to drink hard cider and felt nice the rest of the day. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #40,014 of 136,466

Milton Nascimento   Lilia

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #40,017 of 136,466

Common Sense with Dan Carlin is an independent look at politics and current events from popular New Media personality Dan Carlin. Carlin's self-described "Martian" viewpoints infuse each episode with a political alien's take on the world around us and the problems it faces. It's a smart, unique (and admittedly U.S.-centric) program that doesn't dumb down the information or analysis for the slowest person in the room. Carlin's rapid-fire staccato voice has been compared to William Shatner after too many espressos. That, plus his penchant for making everyone in the audience mad at him eventually, makes for a witch's brew of a podcast that is not for everyone. But for those craving a deeper intellectual analysis, a less partisan approach and unpredictable outside-the-box revelations, Common Sense with Dan Carlin is a feast for the mind.

I enjoy it because he is neither right wing or left wing, and indeed, he calls them both out for their questionable moves with equal fervor. And many of his proposed solutions really make a listener think. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back