What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Nov 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #37,205 of 136,229
08752.jpg

AL LEE:
Ain't Playing The Game
Soundstage raves: “It only takes one listen to come to the inescapable conclusion that Al Lee is a guitar player and songwriter of extraordinary ability...I’ve rarely heard a guitar this well recorded...” The deep rumble of Al’s soulful baritone is right there, two feet away—flanked by two vividly realistic guitars. Al’s warm and resonant acoustic Martin contrasts gorgeously with the bluesy hard-edged wail of Ben Andrews’ blazing slide work on the National Steel. 25 years ago Al Lee was recording with UK rock legends Steve Marriot and David Gilmore. This is his return, with brilliant new songs painting a vast palette of moods: basking in the sun, regret and heartache, even a soul-drenched spiritual backed by gospel singers. (#08752)
Al Leevocals and acoustic guitar
Ben Andrews, national steel guitar
Kenyetta, background vocals
Gloria Jolivet, background vocals

TRACK LISTING:
Rainy Changes (Blues) - Listen To Full Song
The Sacred Game - Listen To Sample
Come Away - Listen To Sample
Cartoon of Life
Good Journey
Gypsy Caravan
Didn't Quite Have The Time
Faces
What Would You Say
Lazin
Rainy Changes

All songs composed by Al Lee
  TT=47:17

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #37,206 of 136,229

AND

:D 

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #37,207 of 136,229
Just finished:

Now listening to:

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #37,208 of 136,229
Love This. The ultimate journey

3upuseqe.jpg

Yes...I'm a big Trail of Dead fan. I think Madonna is still my favorite but I've enjoyed them all except for Worlds Apart which was mostly a disappointment.

Quote:

I like a lot "Conditions of my parole" so I found the first album and currently listen to it .

I didn't care for the Puscifer project at first, but Conditions of My Parole really impressed me. Maybe it was the better album cover. 
wink.gif
  I can appreciate V a bit more now that I've enjoyed Conditions, but the newer is still much better to me.

Nov 26, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #37,211 of 136,229
@ TJ Elite

Where did you find XRCDs in Finland?
I've been looking all over but can't find any - except for ridiculous prices!
If you have any leads on this, let me know. I'm especially interested in TBM (Three Blind Mice) releases.

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #37,213 of 136,229
Wow, a bit of an overshare but still made me laugh out loud.
eek.gif

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #37,215 of 136,229
jeromium said:
I didn't care for the Puscifer project at first, but Conditions of My Parole really impressed me. Maybe it was the better album cover. :wink:   I can appreciate V a bit more now that I've enjoyed Conditions, but the newer is still much better to me.

I completely agree with you !

Currently listening to ( again and again) :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back