What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Jun 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #33,257 of 136,059
Quote:

Now you're talkin'! I got 'Bad As Me' the week it was released. I was desperate for some new Waits. I really like it and think it's his best effort in quite awhile. Hearing Tom Waits and Keith Richards sing together, "I'm the last leaf on the tree / the autumn took the rest but they won't take me," is worth the price of admission by itself. I also enjoyed listening to 'New Year's Eve' from the album this past New Year's Eve.

Funny, but I've also been listening to Neil Young's 'After The Gold Rush' this week. How about Neil Young and Crazy Horse's brand new album 'Americana' just released June 5th? The first new album with Crazy Horse in nearly nine years!!! I've just started listening to it!

Yes, Bad as Me reminds me of classic Tom, really good album. Did you get the deluxe edition with the extra three tracks? So how is the new NY and Crazy Horse album? One of my favorite more recent Crazy Horse albums is 

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #33,259 of 136,059

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #33,263 of 136,059
Quote:

I love Heart. I might have to pick this one up. I read some reviews on Amazon stating that the sound quality is less than stellar. Is this true in your opinion?

IMO for Nancy just playing acoustic by herself in a guitar store the sound is not bad at all.... I'm with you, Heart wrote and played some damn good songs back in the day.......      I pulled out my vinyl copy of "Dog and Butterfly" today...... still a great LP

Jun 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #33,266 of 136,059

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #33,267 of 136,059
4352665f-50ef-e0fb.jpg

Great progressive album! Sounds excellent with the CKM500's.

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #33,268 of 136,059
Quote:
Yes, Bad as Me reminds me of classic Tom, really good album. Did you get the deluxe edition with the extra three tracks? So how is the new NY and Crazy Horse album? One of my favorite more recent Crazy Horse albums is 

No, unfortunately I did not get the version of 'Bad As Me' with the three extra tracks. I wish I had! Yeah, 'Ragged Glory' is a classic. I've had it since it came out.

I won't attempt to review Neil and Crazy Horse's new one, but as you probably know, it's a collection of classic American folk songs. If you go to Neil's web site at http://www.neilyoung.com a video will start playing that looks like a silent movie. If you let it keep going, it will stream a good portion of the album. Also, try going to http://www.npr.org/2012/06/06/154420889/neil-young-the-fresh-air-interview. There is a good interview there with Neil from NPR's 'Fresh Air' show all about the new record and it includes excerpts from the album. Also, I notice Neil is selling the new album in FLAC download format on his site.

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #33,269 of 136,059
Quote:

No, unfortunately I did not get the version of 'Bad As Me' with the three extra tracks. I wish I had! Yeah, 'Ragged Glory' is a classic. I've had it since it came out.

I won't attempt to review Neil and Crazy Horse's new one, but as you probably know, it's a collection of classic American folk songs. If you go to Neil's web site at http://www.neilyoung.com a video will start playing that looks like a silent movie. If you let it keep going, it will stream a good portion of the album. Also, try going to http://www.npr.org/2012/06/06/154420889/neil-young-the-fresh-air-interview. There is a good interview there with Neil from NPR's 'Fresh Air' show all about the new record and it includes excerpts from the album. Also, I notice Neil is selling the new album in FLAC download format on his site.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for bonus tracks. Thanks for the heads up I will check out both. As a little side note, I saw NY with Booker T. and The MGs as his back up band when he played Vancouver in '94 with Pearl Jam. I think they were touring on Mirror Ball at the time.

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #33,270 of 136,059

Users who are viewing this thread

Back