What Are You Listening To Right Now?
Aug 5, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #20,313 of 137,784

Quote:

In direct answer to your question. Yes, the venue's energy certainly comes through well and Areathes voice is beautiful enough to carry the recording if I concentrate only upon the lead singer. In that sense I am happy with the event being in my collection without regret. So perhaps you too should make the purchase , forewarned with eyes fully opened !

Hope this further helps with your decision ...

Love Areathas voice as recorded and performance here, it's just I've been spoiled by so many great recordings , perhaps, I suppose ...  

I appreciate your valuable input. I shall look upon this recording under this light: "Live recording made in 1971 of Aretha Franklin discovered." I will say to myself, "What a find." And discover for myself what magnificent performer she is.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #20,314 of 137,784
It arrived in the mail 5 minutes ago and I am enjoying it now.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #20,316 of 137,784

Quote:
I appreciate your valuable input. I shall look upon this recording under this light: "Live recording made in 1971 of Aretha Franklin discovered." I will say to myself, "What a find." And discover for myself what magnificent performer she is.

That's the spirit !
If you read the reviews, seemingly everyone agrees this is a must listen while gushing praise .  Well then, let's just say, I'm just hard to please .

Please do PM me or let us know your thoughts in this thread once you give it a few spins
smile.gif

Now, Simply Red is in a whole other park in terms of its SQ , with each instrument clearly defined , but of course studios are the perfect settings for getting resolution correct with ideal mic placements, etc...

Or, even this just received Tim Buckleys "Greatest Hits" recording (Rino) for instance, is such an audio pleasure to experience. Beautifully recorded and masterfully sung with minimal instruments which always has the greater potential to be well reproduced than larger bands especially "live"... 

Happy listening and further discoveries ~

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #20,318 of 137,784
Band Of Horses - Infinite Arms - Laredo

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #20,321 of 137,784

Quote:
Menomena - Mines

These guys are,....funky

I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apostle of Hustle

Nice lashings of XTC here. The sound is balanced but deliberately raw. Quite compelling music pulls it off

Quote:
Aphex Twin - I Care Because You Do

NIN - Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition

freakshow :wink:

Quote:
Robert Miles - Dreamland (Reissue) - Fable (dream version)

mmm...

This thread + myspace & youtube = joy

Something wonderful of new and old every day

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #20,324 of 137,784
Tim Buckley

Best Of T.B.

/ Mandatory audio accoutrement's for being happily stranded on an island , good
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back